• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Sunday evening I did my first oil/filter change at 500 miles and then added the following:
Yamaha rear rack
Yamaha 50L top case with backrest
Swapped the VStream Sport/Tour windscreen for the Touring model
Motocentric 14L magnetic tank bag

On Tuesday UPS delivered a new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet that I had ordered from Chaparral. After mounting the Sena 20S to it I rode out to Seat Concepts and had the seat redone. After they finished the seat I rode the Palm to Pines highway and then out to the Salton Sea. Unfortunately after about an hour of riding I realized that it was just too small. I've never experienced forehead and ear pain like I did on this ride. I figured that the helmet would slowly break-in as I rode but the pain just increased. All together I rode for 8.5 hours and did 300 miles. I was miserable from the tight helmet and didn't stop to take many pictures! I had gone into Chaparral to try helmets on and the medium seemed to fit the best. I like my helmets to be somewhat tight as I know that they stretch out after a while. I called Chaparral and they explained that the helmets on display have been tried on thousands of times and and are beyond broken in. I should have bought a large but the good news is that the shell size is the same between the two so I simply ordered new cheek pads and a liner. I just received those today so hopefully once I get them installed it will fit okay. The helmet is very quiet!

2016_03_15_ride.png

Link to map

20160315-152447.jpg
20160315-151819.jpg

I cut down and fit a MT-07 sport screen of a smash job at work, was not exactly the right shape and had to space it out a bit off the plastic under shield thingy. But I am getting a lot more clean air flow now and it looks much better.
Also gave it a big clean, right in time for the rainy weather this week.. I swear I have never got over a couple of days out of a clean bike. I've got 8500k's on it now will be balancing the throttle bodies at 10000 and probably fitting a aftermarket air filter while I have the tank off.

• Premium Member
Put some "Grip Puppies" on
20160321_201601_zpsyfnnyckr.jpg

And The EvoTech radiator guard.

20160321_201623_zpslmd48lwk.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Put some "Grip Puppies" on And The EvoTech radiator guard.

I really like having grip puppies. Getting them on was a little fun. I used an air gun. You may also add those mirror extenders. Best mod I've done to date.

Rode it for a couple of hours to start breaking in the new Corbin seat. Much better than the vinyl rail.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
Put some "Grip Puppies" on And The EvoTech radiator guard.

I really like having grip puppies. Getting them on was a little fun. I used an air gun. You may also add those mirror extenders. Best mod I've done to date.
Yep. Love them. I was having problems with my throttle hand, numbness and tingling. Rode to lunch and back 170ish miles. No problems.
3-22-16_zpsz6gp2gio.png
The EvoTech was still there when I got home, so I guess it's good too. :)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Yep. Love them. I was having problems with my throttle hand, numbness and tingling.
IMO Grip Puppies are the best bang-for-the-buck add-on I've ever found for a motorbike. Ever.
I also have had the tingling, numb hand problem, on my FJ and many other bikes.
Part of my issue is large hands, I have fricking gorilla hands. Anyone else wear a XXL glove? Yeah, this guy does. The additional material on the grips really helps with my comfort. 

Install is a breeze with some 50/50 dishsoap & water mix. Once you get the knack of it, they go on real easy. :)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Rode it for a couple of hours to start breaking in the new Corbin seat. Much better than the vinyl rail.
Wish you were just a bit closer to Richmond. I'd love to have a sit on the Corbin and inspect it up close. I had a Corbin on my SV a few years back, and I loved it.

I installed my AdventureTech light mount and LED light bar the other day.....Freekin love it! The light bar can be toggled between amber/white mode by the switch that was included with the light, which I discretely hid behind the left side handguard. Also, installed a set of Amazon rubber footpegs, which provide a vastly improved difference over the stock pegs. Also kind of hard to see behind the light bar, but I installed a Nautilus air horn....and HOLY MOLY this sucker is loud!!

B49Md2M.jpgAh95Hba.jpg1ME9mFR.jpgqfgFPCx.jpg
qt41Q2Z.jpgab9FmjK.jpg

• Premium Member
I installed ..... a set of Amazon rubber footpegs, which provide a vastly improved difference over the stock pegs.

Zach, any more info of those would be cool... Direct bolt-ins? No modification needed? Got  link to them?

I installed ..... a set of Amazon rubber footpegs, which provide a vastly improved difference over the stock pegs.

Zach, any more info of those would be cool... Direct bolt-ins? No modification needed? Got  link to them?
They were a direct fit, the only modification needed is drilling out the rivet on the left side peg...which is necessary to put any aftermarket peg in. Other than that, they worked out perfect. The best part...the $11.50 price tag on them. Say GOODBYE to vibrations! Feels so much better. 

http://www.amazon.com/Tengchang-Footrest-FJR1300-xjr1200-xjr1300/dp/B00H5JOAXM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

• Premium Member
They were a direct fit, the only modification needed is drilling out the rivet on the left side peg...which is necessary to put any aftermarket peg in. Other than that, they worked out perfect. The best part...the $11.50 price tag on them. Say GOODBYE to vibrations! Feels so much better. 

http://www.amazon.com/Tengchang-Footrest-FJR1300-xjr1200-xjr1300/dp/B00H5JOAXM?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
Great, thanks for the info!