What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
First impressions of the Michelin road pilot 4 tires. They feel very planted in the turns. Execellent stopping control. Feel very confident with them. Haven't rode them in rain yet. I'll report on that later. Now compared to the stock tires I can say that the Michelins are louder. Maybe because they're still new? Time will tell.
The "Dzell" Hand guard LED lights (amber/ turn signal module) Love them! Look great. Functional. And provide extra visibility.
Heated grips. Tried them very early in morning on lowest setting (1) for about twenty min. Even in summer I liked that I could warm up my hands. The real test will be in Dec. here in Florida. Yes, early in the morning in Florida last Dec. my hands actually got painfully cold. Yeah I know, compared to you northern riders who ride in below 32 degrees I'm a wimp. ;-) I set the high setting at 8. Middle at 5, and low at 1. I'll play with those settings in Dec.
Extra DC outlet. Like that I can have two plug in's now.
Replaced Cam chain tensioner as per service bulletin. Well, I choose to have that done to be proactive. My original didn't make noise. Now especially when bike is warming up on the road it's noisy. Then it seems to quiet down. Bummer. Going back to dealer to see if they can tweak it. If it still does this after the dealer it's a manual one for me. Engine sounds so good when that noise isn't there. At close to 7000 miles the exhaust note just sounds more throaty in a good way. This bike is so flickable. Can't wait to get it up into the mountains.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Rodan, I'll be VERY interested in your report on the bead seat. My butt and the stock seat are not compatible, but my budget and the aftermarket seats are even less compatible!

Guest dmizer
I installed a Lidlox. I really like not having to carry my helmet anymore.

Why rely on a soft aluminum bodied lidlox with a cheap, easy to bypass barrel lock over the factory installed helmet lock?

Guest dmizer
I did not know there was a factory installed helmet lock.
There are two. One is on the left side of the bike, on the frame near the passenger foot peg.

The other is a cable you can attach to a hook under the passenger seat. The cable is in the tool pouch.

There are two. One is on the left side of the bike, on the frame near the passenger foot peg. 
The other is a cable you can attach to a hook under the passenger seat. The cable is in the tool pouch.

Could you post a picture of the factory helmet locks? Just went to the garage to look at my FJ and there is no helmet lock that I am able to see.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Are you calling that little triangle portion of the frame (left side near passenger foot peg) a helmet lock? If so, you need to go into marketing..... 
There is a cable that can be attached to a metal piece under the seat, but taking off the seat to lock my helmet doesn't really seem like a good option.

I have been using a gun lock that comes free with any new gun purchase (looks like a padlock with an extended wire/metal cable that fits into the padlock portion to complete a loop) and I just wrap the cable around my helmet and one of the many "cable locks" I have on my frame supplied by Yamaha ;)

Guest dmizer
Could you post a picture of the factory helmet locks? Just went to the garage to look at my FJ and there is no helmet lock that I am able to see.
It's right here (pardon the commuting grime):
IZxQJUu.jpg

Guest dmizer
that doesn't exist on my 2015 FJ-09, Although I wish it did.....
It's keyed to my ignition key. Factory equipment. Odd that they don't seem to be a part of the kit sold in the US. The Yamaha catalog has helmet locks for sale, but you're probably better off with the gun lock.

Don't know why you're against taking off the seat to lock your helmet. I think it's a pretty good system and have used it often.

trcbAuu.jpg

• Premium Member
that doesn't exist on my 2015 FJ-09, Although I wish it did.....
It's keyed to my ignition key. Factory equipment. Odd that they don't seem to be a part of the kit sold in the US. The Yamaha catalog has helmet locks for sale, but you're probably better off with the gun lock. 
Don't know why you're against taking off the seat to lock your helmet. I think it's a pretty good system and have used it often.
I guess I could, and you are right, it's really not that bad. I'm just a bit miffed that they didn't install one like yours. I have had something like that on every bike I have owned, going back to 1979.