What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Installed a side kick stand bigger foot print plate. Got it on E-Bay for $10.00 and change U.S. holds in place with three Allen head screws.
Installed the same on my bike. Solid billet product! 
IMG_1054.JPGIMG_1053.JPG
I think it would look better if the screws and washers were painted black before installation, but that's just me. 

• Premium Member
Installed the same on my bike. Solid billet product! 

I think it would look better if the screws and washers were painted black before installation, but that's just me.
OH, ALRIGHT!!!!!  :D IMG_1056.JPGIMG_1053.JPG

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Installed FZ6 pegs front and rear.

Front were a straight swap, just had to cut the left side rivet to get the peg off, and rears needed some trimming to allow them to fully extend.

Nothing too serious to do, but definitely a nice upgrade.

KR9dEZj.jpg

DDUeOqo.jpg
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

Front were a straight swap, just had to cut the left side rivet to get the peg off, and rears needed some trimming to allow them to fully extend.

Do the FZ6 front pegs raise your feet any?

Keep Asheville weird!

Do the FZ6 front pegs raise your feet any?

If they do raise it any, it wasn't noticeable to me. Feels like the same position as stock. 
I did notice that they do really reduce the vibration that makes it to your feet.
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

• Premium Member
The windscreen bracket movement was bugging me, so I put a bicycle quick release axle bolt in the windscreen mount, which completely stabilizes it. The QR bolt was around $9 for two.  I also have four short ones for bolting things to the rear rack without tools.
Drilled a 5mm hole in each side of the mount, and the axle bolt goes right through.
P_20160526_112717_zpslpjd59qv.jpg
Shown with the screen at highest setting. 
Left side,                                                    Right side.[span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span][span]    [/span]
P_20160526_150340_zpsvlcazvmp.jpgP_20160526_151225_zps2squvxdn.jpg

Just for clarity, this is in addition to the factory knobs, not a replacement. You have to drill holes for this, the pictures show the high position.

The screen is now rock solid.

To use this instead of the knobs, the factory mount has nuts welded to it on the inside which may have to be drilled, if they are 5mm or less.

Sunny,

Just to clarify, you "drilled a 5mm hole in each side of the mount" which are hidden in your photos; could you post photos without the QD axle installed.  It would appear that in the lowest position the QD axle would interfere with the OEM adjustment knobs, and thus the low position cannot be utilized.  Is this correct, and if not could you explain how and show in more photos how it all works in each position please?  Also, did you not utilize the QD axles serrated clamp rings and if you removed them, how?  I would presume when you do change the shield positions you need only flip the QD axle clamp lever, loosen the OEM knobs, re-position the shield, and flip the QD axle clamp lever back to tighten the axle, correct?

Thanks

• Premium Member
20160702_122231_zpsqoxokbpk.jpg 20160723_121140_zpsx5okt8rp.jpg20160702_123314_zps4h0c51ug.jpg

Radiator guard, Women's Sportbike Rally stickers and rear fender eliminator done.  So far, those are the only mods (other than putting the seat in the higher position).  

I installed the lowered seat. Being 5'8", I can now comfortably reach the ground and back out of tight spots. It also corners better since I'm sitting about an inch lower. But, it's like sitting on a rock. I'll have to take her out on a long ride to see if it's bearable.

• Premium Member
Update on my New Michelin Road Pilot 4's. so far I have a thousand miles on them. They're less noisy than when brand new but still noisier than the stock Dunlops. But man are they planted and inspire much confidence in the turns. Grip like crazy. Very happy with my choice of swapping to them.
Re-foamed (to softer option) Corbin seat; Big difference! My butt couldn't be happier. No longer squirmy after 80 to 100 miles. Seat is still in breaking in mode so I can only assume it will get better yet. I put on a coat of the Corbin Conditioner. I really think that Corbin just did a complete swap out to the softer foam from my Corbin I sent back to them with the firmer foam set up.
"Biker's Friend" medium luggage with lumbar support;
WOW! This luggage is just darn great and the Lumbar Support is just the ticket to support my lower back. The medium size fit like a glove and because my panniers are top loading, I can easily access them without having to remove the Biker's Friend luggage. Quality product.
"DZell" LED lights for hand guards in amber with turn blinker module; They look great and are very functional. The added visibility is a big plus.
Adventure Tech mirror extenders; absolutely the best mod and least expensive Ive done. IMHO Yamaha should make this stock. Opened up my rear field of view to just about full.
Last night I went for a spin as the temps cooled down to 83 at 9:00 p.m. Man! The FJ09 in,"A" mode is just a beast! I have much respect for this bikes torque. Could'nt be happier with my choice on buying this bike and believe me, I looked at allot of bikes.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Update on my New Michelin Road Pilot 4's. so far I have a thousand miles on them. They're less noisy than when brand new but still noisier than the stock Dunlops. But man are they planted and inspire much confidence in the turns. Grip like crazy. Very happy with my choice of swapping to them.  

+1 on the PR4s.

Just returned from a 3700 mile trip and they are FAR superior to the stock Dunlops.  Didn't get into any heavy rain, so I can't comment there, but as bad as the Dunlops were, they certainly couldn't be worse.

Just the hint of a flat spot showing on the rear (after affect of crossing SD, twice, plus all the other non-twisty riding).  With most of my local riding being twisty roads, the wear should even out nicely.