What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Taking the forks off and going to drop them off at Cogent Dynamics http://www.motocd.com/ for some upgrades. ? After all the bikes I've owned I still didn't have the correct allen head, 14mm, to take the front wheel off. So I ended up getting these. http://m.harborfreight.com/8-pc-12-in-drive-metric-impact-hex-socket-set-67895.html
Rick wants to dyno them and see exactly what's in them and has a number of options. I love the shock they made. We installed a month or so ago and it made giant changes in handling. The hope is the fork work will polish the handling!
Nice work brick! Let me know what Rick comes up with. No doubt it will be exceptional!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Which part of the bike is resting on the horizontal pole brick? Looks like a good way to suspend the front end.

That is a pit bull stand. It has changeable pins that go up in the hole in the bottom triple tree. Pit Bull makes great bike stands!

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

That is a pit bull stand. It has changeable pins that go up in the hole in the bottom triple tree.
I learn something every day. Thanks. 
I also now know that the "triple tree" is what I would have called the yoke.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
That is a pit bull stand. It has changeable pins that go up in the hole in the bottom triple tree.
I learn something every day. Thanks. 
I also now know that the "triple tree" is what I would have called the yoke.
If only we could get them to speak English, eh ;) 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

If only we could get them to speak English, eh ;)  
I like learning a new language  :D   From this forum I've picked up "farkles" and "cagers". Great words, although cagers is self-explanatory, it took a search to find where farkles comes from.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

@brick I used Cogent on my V Strom. I definitely want a review on what they do for you. Of all my effin sparkles I am least satisfied with the Andreani cartridges and keep thinking of something better.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
@brick I used Cogent on my V Strom. I definitely want a review on what they do for you. Of all my effin sparkles I am least satisfied with the Andreani cartridges and keep thinking of something better.

I will be glad to give you my opinion... however I'm far from an expert and not a racer. However I do know that I felt that the stock suspicion was trying to kill me. ? It seemed that no matter how I rode the bike really wanted to go wide in curves. After the installation of his FZ/FJ-09 shock it was 85% better. After a few "brisk" rides I found I could not keep up with some of my www.COFSAT.com = Carolina Old Farts Sport Touring Association riding friends. When I didn't have this problem when riding my 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere ES. So time to get the forks updated. Rick said he will probably have a number of options form me to choose from.

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• 2 weeks later...
I had my ECU flashed by Mr Ivan (http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/fz09.htm) during his holiday sale (10% off, so basically the shipping was free) and got it back last week. While the tank was propped up and it was still raining, I figured I may as well install the Brandon Smart line cruise control I've had for a while.

I finally got out for a test ride a couple hours ago. The flash can be described with one word - sweeeeet! "A" mode is no longer a jerk, but really smooth and a strong build from the start, I really like it. "A" and "STD" modes really do feel like there are real throttle cables all the way, like your wrists and the throttle bodies are more solidly connected.

The cruise control is excellent right out of the box, very impressive. This the first time I've had real cruise control on a bike, and I think my right upper limb is going to like it.

I had my ECU flashed by Mr Ivan (http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/fz09.htm) during his holiday sale (10% off, so basically the shipping was free) and got it back last week. While the tank was propped up and it was still raining, I figured I may as well install the Brandon Smart line cruise control I've had for a while.  
I finally got out for a test ride a couple hours ago. The flash can be described with one word - sweeeeet! "A" mode is no longer a jerk, but really smooth and a strong build from the start, I really like it. "A" and "STD" modes really do feel like there are real throttle cables all the way, like your wrists and the throttle bodies are more solidly connected.

The cruise control is excellent right out of the box, very impressive. This the first time I've had real cruise control on a bike, and I think my right upper limb is going to like it.
Do you know why Ivan is $150 more than 2WD (...I think)? Is the $350 what you paid? I am starting to take aim at a cruise solution. Looks like Brandon is out of business now?
I see what you mean about Brandon - "BUSINESS HAS CLOSED AS OF 11/18/2016" - Anyone have more info? Maybe another source for smart line? Cruizin?? Smart line has other products, so I would think it would be available elsewhere. 
2 wheel holiday sale price was 279.95, so I assume his normal price is pretty close to Ivan, no? As I mentioned, Ivan had 10% off for the holidays, so I got 35 off.

wow, Brandon is closed? I have seen some talk of issues with the CC but I dont know any specifics and I have not experienced any issues. That does not inspire confidence though....
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
wow, Brandon is closed? I have seen some talk of issues with the CC but I dont know any specifics and I have not experienced any issues. That does not inspire confidence though....
Wow, glad I bought and installed mine a few months ago! Awesome product! I even purchased a spare Trail Tech switch.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000