• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I gave mine a bath... 
So everyone, what do you use to get the chain lube/crud off of the rear wheel?
I use A rag covered with WD-40 for the heavy crap, rinse with water and then spray with S-100 cleaner, let it sit 5 minutes and hose her off. Do not put S100 on anything hot, or forget to rinse it off.  
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

B Mode is great for slipping up a muddy dirt road with TCS off. (Or a lawn job, if you are a hooligan.) I have no idea the MPGs I'd get in B Mode as I never use it that long. My ECU is a 2WDW set up with STD still as default so it looks "normal" on the HUD. A Mode is preferred and I go into it once the water temp is higher than Low on the HUD. Averaging 45.9 with mixed road type driving. Only gripe with the bike is that I haven't put on a cruise control - right hand gets buzzy after 150 miles or so.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Supporting Member
Yes B mode is boring... but my curiosity wanted to experiment beyond default settings  
Currently in B mode well the fuel avg meter on the dash keeps going up...so far it's showing 50.3mpg... B mode is gonna be strictly 2up and long trips to maximize range...have yet to run a few tanks in B mode...
Very interesting.  I am curious to hear your results after a few tanks.  If that is indeed the case, I may use B mode on some of the more long stretches while on road trips, and switch to STD or A for the fun sections. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
 Only gripe with the bike is that I haven't put on a cruise control - right hand gets buzzy after 150 miles or so.
I just got in from a ride this afternoon and while riding I thought to myself, "Damn, I sure am glad I have this MCcruise to rest my right wrist".  I dont regret the cost for a second, worth every penny. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yes B mode is boring... but my curiosity wanted to experiment beyond default settings  
Currently in B mode well the fuel avg meter on the dash keeps going up...so far it's showing 50.3mpg... B mode is gonna be strictly 2up and long trips to maximize range...have yet to run a few tanks in B mode...
Very interesting.  I am curious to hear your results after a few tanks.  If that is indeed the case, I may use B mode on some of the more long stretches while on road trips, and switch to STD or A for the fun sections.
I would also like to point out I also have no closed loop fueling due to my choice of tuning software I had 2wdw use, so far I have noticed why I think B mode is currently getting better MPG...in B mode I feel like im doing less throttle corrections to maintain a steady speed due to the relaxed nature of B mode, if that makes sense?...Even A mode is butter smooth and very on point with any amount of throttle input like a race bike... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I installed the National Cycle VStream sport touring version.  Huge difference over stock in noise and buffeting.  I'm 5'9", have the seat on the low option and had the stock screen on the highest setting.  I have the VStream on the lowest setting, and it's perfect.

I also installed Pazzo shorty levers on both sides.  Much more comfortable and easier to manipulate.  I find I can easily cover both the brake and clutch with no exertion.  

Two easy, high quality upgrades.

I posted this on another forum, but since this is THE FJ-09 forum, I figured I'd repost:

"Stole 2 people's ideas. I made my FJ a little more like my Grom and used my old handlebars to make some additional foot rests for long trips. They may also provide some tip over protection. I also made my own ghetto vibranators."
Some photos:
dBS9gQ0.jpg

cZBkymn.jpg

myg7JJW.jpg

I also justified my purchase of my giant rear box:

lMuIzhC.jpg

"Stole 2 people's ideas. I made my FJ a little more like my Grom and used my old handlebars to make some additional foot rests for long trips. They may also provide some tip over protection. I also made my own ghetto vibranators."

How'd the homemade vibranator work? Make a noticeable difference?

trey

Trey,

I need a little more seat time to really verify they helped. I've taken them around town, and on some back roads and the vibes seem much less, but I need to get some highway time to really verify their effectiveness. I'm likely going to get some cheapo weights to add for a little more damping. It can never be too smooth!

I also justified my purchase of my giant rear box:

lMuIzhC.jpg
What is the red box in the lid of your Givi case?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
I got mail!  
IMG_20170419_092057045.jpg
... I was eyeing this one (nice)... but the scrooge won, so I got the other eBay wonder with like a million screws in it. I will post it when I get it... even if just for giggles. :P

Ya, for $18.55CAN I couldn't pass up getting one. 

Amazon link

Threadlock those allen bolts, they are a very soft alloy and back out really quickly. I lost one after checking it before setting off on a 30 minute ride!

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)