Snatchy Throttle Fix

guernsey70

Hi , I'm from Israel.
Tried this method and I can confirm that it really helps.
Now the motor is more accurate in response etc.
What is the Diag mode and the numbers under it ? , I see that mode before the CO mode.
How did you find that hidden menu ?.
Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the US unit I Believe that there is a trip wire mod that must be initiated for this to work. Because we live in a land of emissions lobbyists and attorneys. I'll ask Nels next time I talk to him and see if he has more details for us. There are also some guys on The fz09 forum who may know.

I have been into the diag mode and it has screens that read out sensor data (TPS counts etc) but did not find a way to access the CO settings. If there is a jumper, that would be interesting, but I have been playing in the FlashTune software and expect I'll solve the snatch that way and generally smooth out the surging as well. Initial riding on the dyno rollers was promising.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Jus hold the two buttons in again to select [

I tried again, this time when I got to the flashing ECU option, which is the only option I found, I held both buttons down again and got into the diag function this time. Holding down either button advances the menu up or down. The menu headers remained the same through out the process. First line said diag and under it said data. Advancing through the menu caused the bike to
Energize the fuel pump and other electrical relays would hum as I went through the menu. Unfortunately try as I may, I couldn't find any other data to access. I held both buttons down at the same time again with no change.
All well, I plan on changing exhaust and having the ECU flashed in the near future anyways.

The question now is ... Does this omit the need for the Kev's O2 mod? 

I believe so, I have adjusted the co2 on my last three FI yamahas and cured any off idle snatch, it generally only works to around 10% throttle which is where most cruising is done. I had a customers xt660z which had the kev mod and my own xt660z just adjusted through the factory tool and mine was much smoother. Also no two bikes seem to be the same, as with jetting each bike is different so don't be afraid to go a little leaner or richer than '14'
My Mt-09 Tracer is at 26 on all three cylinders. I went up by five each day until I didn't get a improvement. I will be double checking my setting when the workshop dyno is up and running again. I am getting smoother throttle and better fuel economy than I was stock.
(akrapovic full system now)

The question now is ... Does this omit the need for the Kev's O2 mod? 

I believe so, I have adjusted the co2 on my last three FI yamahas and cured any off idle snatch, it generally only works to around 10% throttle which is where most cruising is done. I had a customers xt660z which had the kev mod and my own xt660z just adjusted through the factory tool and mine was much smoother. Also no two bikes seem to be the same, as with jetting each bike is different so don't be afraid to go a little leaner or richer than '14'
My Mt-09 Tracer is at 26 on all three cylinders. I went up by five each day until I didn't get a improvement. I will be double checking my setting when the workshop dyno is up and running again. I am getting smoother throttle and better fuel economy than I was stock.
(akrapovic full system now)
Thanks for the update ... and DAMN, I just fitted the O2 controller to my bike lastnight. 
Bike feels good, so might as well leave it installed! But will try further adjustments to the CO numbers, to see if i notice any difference.

All of these success stories are driving me crazy. Someone get a fix for the stateside FJ quick!

OP wrote::iSo, was ringing around UK dyno houses today to see if anyone could help reduce the low rev throttle snatchyness. Spoke to a guy in Leicester who said that the lean fuelling (which causes the on/off feel) could be tweaked through the CO mode through the instrument cluster and this would remove 60-70% of the snatchyness. 
Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/3155/snatchy-throttle-fix?page=2#ixzz41wXdB1nG

There has been since April 2015. 2WDW ECU flash. Also removes top speed limiter, 4+ hp gain and several other improvements. Just not free.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Hi all
Here in UK a tempted to use the CO cylinder adjustment that I ended up around 40 in all three cylinders before I noticed any improvement in the throttle response but the engine delivery was sluggish so reverted to 0 that remained until I put on the mod from kev what a difference total transformation! !!! No more snatching or surging smothe effetless and no hindrance to the power delivery best 60 quid I spent in years
Highly recommended

Hi all, quick question regarding the CO settings, thought I would modify the exhaust a little and take out the S pipe in the muffler - may put a 2 in hole the other side of the cat wall at a later time depending on how this goes but thought changing the CO stettings would complement this change in muffler. Anyhow while getting to the menu I got to the Diag page with the Diag and Data numbers which I have either scrolled though the numbers or inadvertently changed them. Does anyone have any ideas what they represent and do they change anything? 

Archived