Remove scratches on dash display?

zine

Does anyone know how i can remove scratches from the dash/speedo (clear plastic part)???

For some reason, this dash seems to mark very easily? I've never had a bike that's had scratches on the dash .. .and it's bloody annoying?

Yamaha doesn't sell the cover on its own, just as a complete unit.

With my new bike only one day and 33km into its life, I'm a little concerned about this.   I'll be applying a simple rectangle (lhs of screen) and square (rhs of screen) of thin but tough clear self-adhesive plastic to each surface.
Should resist minor pressure from cleaning, wiping over, etc.
[em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I recall buying some time ago some clear plastic film [strong]cell phone screen protectors[/strong], good against both scratching and glare apparently.  Just looked at them again on E Bay and they can be bought for AUD1 each from Hong Kong.   Two - if you can stretch to that - would be needed to cover the entire bike dash display screen from side to side.   They attach by static electricity and there's no adhesive, so they can be easily applied, moved around for a good fit, and peeled off instantly if needed.
[em]Wordsmith - '39 model.   Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 10 months later...
I have some tiny scratches on mine and I'm gonna try this product on it. I had this on the shelf already from my jeeping days, it was supposed to work well to remove scratches from soft top windows. I just used it the other day to remove scratches from my f150 gauge cluster. I rested an iPad on it the other day to monitor some stuff and the dust covering it combined with a bumpy road left some nice scratches. It removed them completely so I'm confident it'll remove them from the FJ instrument cluster as well.

NOVUS 7136 Plastic Polish Kit - 2 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UD0GIG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aE-NybV2922NA

I had scratched my screen really deep all over and used this to remove the scratches. can barely see the scratches now. 

Plastic_Polishes002.jpg

Back in highschool I used to refuel private aircraft at the airport. We used that stuff to wipe the plastic windshields on the plane and it's amazing stuff for even clear plastic, removes all blemishes and makes dirty or stained plastic clear again.

• Premium Member
I had scratched my screen really deep all over and used this to remove the scratches. can barely see the scratches now. 

Plastic_Polishes002.jpg

Back in highschool I used to refuel private aircraft at the airport. We used that stuff to wipe the plastic windshields on the plane and it's amazing stuff for even clear plastic, removes all blemishes and makes dirty or stained plastic clear again.
This also worked for me on a different bike, good stuff!

Archived