Cruise control

jamboa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you need to reach out to Brandon Distributing as they make and sell the product. It was promoted here for a little while and now its just through them. I have been using it and not had issues but have seen a couple threads of people who have - but I do not know what those issues were. 
http://shop.brandondist.com/SL700100MC-Motorcycle-Cruise-Control-SL700100MC.htm;jsessionid=308033333A769C33F2B72A04E76703E4.p3plqscsfapp004
oh cool, tyvm. the sticker shock is real. Guess I'll look at throttle locks.

I think you need to reach out to Brandon Distributing as they make and sell the product. It was promoted here for a little while and now its just through them. I have been using it and not had issues but have seen a couple threads of people who have - but I do not know what those issues were. 
http://shop.brandondist.com/SL700100MC-Motorcycle-Cruise-Control-SL700100MC.htm;jsessionid=308033333A769C33F2B72A04E76703E4.p3plqscsfapp004

It's half the price of the next option, from Aus.

Cruise controlhow many of you cruise control FJ09 owners are happy with how it works
I have the Motorcycle Cruise Control from Australia, and it is a dead simple install, well documented, and it works incredibly well. Very pleased, would do it again in a heartbeat.
I am considering getting one.  Thank you for your review it was brief but informative.  Here's the link: http://www.mccruise.com/collections/yamaha/products/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-fj-09-new-throttle-by-wire-mccruise

• 3 weeks later...
Guest autobiker
Sticker shock got real when I saw the Australian McCruise. I still can't understand why Yamaha put CC on FZ-10 but not FJ-09.

Sticker shock got real when I saw the Australian McCruise. I still can't understand why Yamaha put CC on FZ-10 but not FJ-09.

The answer is pretty obvious. FZ-10 is a $12,999 bike. The FJ-09 is what, a $10,000 bike? Some get theirs for even less.

Same reason why the suspension is kinda basic on the FJ-09. Bikes that cost less have less features. With that said, I expect the FJ-09 to get factory cruise control in the near future.

yeah... that does seem like a really odd choice as a stock feature on a naked bike rather than on a sport tourer or whateverthephuck they're calling it these days. After weighing all the options, I think something like the Break-Away mechanical throttle control suits me best.  I have yet to decide on whether or not its worth $180 however...

yeah... that does seem like a really odd choice as a stock feature on a naked bike rather than on a sport tourer or whateverthephuck they're calling it these days. After weighing all the options, I think something like the Break-Away mechanical throttle control suits me best.  I have yet to decide on whether or not its worth $180 however...

Again, it isnt style of bike. It's the damn price. The FJ-09 would have cost an extra $1000 with Cruise, would you have still bought the bike?

Again, it isnt style of bike. It's the damn price. The FJ-09 would have cost an extra $1000 with Cruise, would you have still bought the bike?
Add cruise control and upgraded suspension now you are up to 12-13k without bags or heated grips....

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Guest autobiker
Good point, but Yammy could at least make CC an option like the heated grips. For the money, though, I'd get new handlebars first. :D  It's far more important to get the right rise/sweep that'll put your wrists in a natural position. You don't actually need CC if you can hold the throttle steady and keep that right wrist relaxed. (It's still a nice feature to have, of course.)

• Premium Member

By that logic the FZ-10 is actually a $12k bike whose price got pushed up to $13k via the addition of cruise control.   
A $12k liter bike with standard ABS? I'm sure its possible, if the frame were made of styrofoam and the shocks spaghetti, otherwise I'm not buying it (pun).

I'm scared of these--too many horror stories here and elsewhere of near-misses while panic breaking with it on.  My riding is exclusively commuting in unpredictable traffic, so the occasional panic breaking is an unavoidable reality.

Archived