207 Horsepower MT-09/FZ-09 Turbo

duhs10

• Supporting Member
I really like that mount as well. My previous FZ1 had a hinged rear mount and it made working on the bike so much easier. This mount is available through their website but I don't suppose the FZ and FJ mounts are compatible.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Impressive. Any idea what kind of numbers are being rung up at the drag strip?
Slow ET... BIG MPH! 
As wheelie happy as these bikes are stock, all the torque from a turbo will make it quite a handful on the stock wheelbase.

I love horsepower, and spent a bunch of years drag racing bikes... but big, unintentional 4th gear power wheelies...  no thanks!

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
For the record... This is aa bad Idea... Hold my beer.... ;)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

its actually my next project, got most of the $ for the turbo kit I priced out awhile ago well before the intercooler and upgraded clutch basket was released, so now its just saving up for the intercooler, clutch basket, 8in swingarm extensions and PCV... Im gonna trade in my FZ-07 for a used FZ-09... this is gonna be 98% used at the local drag strip but still gonna keep it street legal so I can take a quick 20min highway drive to reach the drag strip...

last I checked the Turbo-09 was dipping into the 7.90s in the 1/4 mile...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

its actually my next project, got most of the $ for the turbo kit I priced out awhile ago well before the intercooler and upgraded clutch basket was released, so now its just saving up for the intercooler, clutch basket, 8in swingarm extensions and PCV... Im gonna trade in my FZ-07 for a used FZ-09... this is gonna be 98% used at the local drag strip but still gonna keep it street legal so I can take a quick 20min highway drive to reach the drag strip...  
If you're serious about this, Dave (vcyclenut) has been building a turbo FZ-09... might be able to get some good insight from him.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

If you're serious about this, Dave (vcyclenut) has been building a turbo FZ-09... might be able to get some good insight from him.
did not know that.. more google time for me ?... 
I have been keeping an eye on the progress of the turbo kits for a few years, talking to ppl in my area who can tune turbo bikes...also been meaning to get around asking Extreme Creations about the use of e85 since its the only readily available high grade octane pump gas in my area at just about every ga s station next to buying it by the barrel, planing routes around select gas stations that have race gas or a US recommended equivalent to the 98RON non-ethanol pump gas they get...then when they announced they had an intercooler, I was sold...

I do know the FZ and FJ-09 share the same airbox part numbers last I checked a few months ago

Looks like im in luck- did a quick scan thru of Vcyclenut and it looks like a E85 tune is or will be available for the turbo-09 ?

Archived