MT-10 Tour Edition

indyfjrider

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The second I plopped down on this bike I knew it wasn't for me.  I found the riding position to be terrible.  Just the opposite for the FJ09, as soon as I sat on it I knew I was gonna buy it.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

The second I plopped down on this bike I knew it wasn't for me.  I found the riding position to be terrible.  Just the opposite for the FJ09, as soon as I sat on it I knew I was gonna buy it.
 (Emphasis mine) 
Yup.  I actually went to the dealer to see if the SCR950 they had on order had come in yet.  It hadn't, but I'd been reading about the FJ so I wandered over and climbed aboard one.  It was just so dang COMFY.  I was pretty sure I was in trouble right then and there, but after a test ride, I KNEW I was screwed...:)

• Premium Member
I think I'll test drive one at bike week in Daytona if one is available at the Yamaha demos. The Demos is what hooked me on the FJ09. Great opportunity to try bikes out at the speedway.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

its just a regular mt-10 with some accessories added. Whats the big deal?

"All of these special parts and accessories were already available to existing MT-10 owners, but the fully-equipped Tourer Edition represents a sensible saving when compared to buying the items separately."
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

...that fact that Yamaha gave that streetbeast cruise control and not the fj-09...

Never understood that either... makes no sense

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

...that fact that Yamaha gave that streetbeast cruise control and not the fj-09...
Never understood that either... makes no sense

I thinks it's because the fz-10 is in direct competition with KTM'S 1290 Superduke R which also comes with cruise control.

Archived