Oh dear, my Inner Squid is trying to escape!

Spring has been dragging it's heels getting here, but yesterday hovered around 60° and today hit 75° inland in The Big City (Population 25,000 or so...)  Low 50's here on the coast thanks to the sea breeze, but that's rideable too.

Took two rides today, running errands in different directions.  Both times, I just couldn't resist the urge to reach down and turn TCS off before turning onto the highway.  Even in Standard mode, throttle wheelies are just too easy and WAY too much fun.

We won't go into what the speedo was telling me as I shifted out of 4th gear.  Self-incrimination and all that, and besides, you didn't see it and you can't prove a thing!

• Supporting Member

We won't go into what the speedo was telling me as I shifted out of 4th gear. 

Well, with the stock ECU mapping, the answer should be 114 mph, plus or minus zero.  :) 
Reflashed, all bets are off...

My Givi windshield limits my speed to 100mph even tho my ECU is totally unhinged ???...once it warms up more the stock windshield comes outta hibernation...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
I'd just like to declare that I never ride faster than the posted speed limit. ;)

Duly noted.
During a recent trip to 'Mexico' I had 'a friend' re-validate that 114 indicated is 112 GPS verified with the stock ECU mappings. Same speed in 4th, 5th, or 6th. It would appear that there's a bit of headroom hiding in that ECU...
292193abef5c58c90d93dd5aaeaa19b4.jpg

I'd just like to declare that I never ride faster than the posted speed limit. ;)

Duly noted. During a recent trip to 'Mexico' I had 'a friend' re-validate that 114 indicated is 112 GPS verified with the stock ECU mappings. Same speed in 4th, 5th, or 6th. It would appear that there's a bit of headroom hiding in that ECU...
292193abef5c58c90d93dd5aaeaa19b4.jpg

There is a ton of power and speed hiding in the FJ-09 ECU. Call @2wheeldynoworks , they have dyno charts to prove it.

My Givi windshield limits my speed to 100mph even tho my ECU is totally unhinged ???...once it warms up more the stock windshield comes outta hibernation...
Does the Givi windscreen limit it aerodynamically or due to vibration/flapping around/buffeting?

• Supporting Member
@Cruizin - Now that the suspension upgrades are done, having Nels work his magic on the ECU is next on the list.
The only downside to a year-round riding season is picking the time to take the bike out of commission.

@phpaul - sorry for the thread detour. You may now get back to your regularly scheduled hooliganism

Does the Givi windscreen limit it aerodynamically or due to vibration/flapping around/buffeing
The big red removable warning sticker stated aerodynamic mumbo jumbo and warned of bodily injuries and or death ? but it works awesome tho if you dont spend your days cruisng around at 100+...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived