What Helmet(s) do you guys wear?

What you guys think of the Shoei Neotec ? http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet I've been researching for weeks now. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Any thoughts ?
Buckybuk: 
If you are looking for a modular helmet, I highly recommend you to have a look at the Lazer Monaco (the one on the left).  It's really light and full of features including photochromatic shield, pinlock insert and bluetooth connectivity.  It served me well during a trip to Tibet last year, I like it so much that I actually brought another one when it was on sale at Revzilla.  

33siAMh.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have several helmets.    My everyday, go to one is an HJC - CL-14.   This one just fits me the best and is super QUIET.   I have hearing issues, this is important to me.    The problem with it is the venting is poor so on those REALLY hot summer days I use a Shoei RF-1000.    It is a little noisier and not quite as comfortable as the HJC, but on hot days it vents way better and rides cooler.    I also have a KBC, model number unknown, that fits OK.   Truth is I bought it cause it was cheap and the graphics matched one of my old bikes!   LOL. 

All of my helmets are fitted with old style GMRS radio comms so the wife and I can talk while we ride.   

We are considering new Bluetooth style Comms.     Any suggestions?   We don't mind paying for quality but we are not rich.   Any reasonably priced systems that work well?    Any advice would be appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I don't get on with many brands of helmet but I seem to fit the Japanese brands best so my last helmets have been Arai and now Shoei.

I currently use a Shoei XR1100 - lots of ventilation which is good for summer rides to southern Europe. A mate says it is too windy for track days...

Sadly, Shoei are discontinuing the model but for UK riders this means you can get them at a heavily reduced price. Infinity have them for under £250 and if you have a branch of Helmet City nearby then they have plain colours for £230 (£10 dearer on their website so may be a promo in the new Cheltenham shop). Both do mail order but obviously you need to know it fits. I have bought one to store until the current one is worn out as I like the fit and I invested in a pair of thinner cheek pads to make it a better fit.

All helmets sold in the UK have to meet a European standard. The bar is set quite low and the UK government set up its own testing lab. You can see the results here for my XR1100 which gets 5/5 stars - look up your own helmet but remember it may have a different model code in Europe as we have separate safety testing and there are many US helmets from the likes of Bell that would be illegal for us to use as they have not been submitted for European certification. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest bmidd
Shoei GT-Air Inertia for the street and a Arai Corsair-V Rea 3 for the track. Both great helmets.
Is this ETR Vern? 
This is the Inertia I picked up:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoei-Motorcycle-Helmet-Model-GT-Air-Inertia-Color-White-Red-Silver-Size-XL-/301554419275?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Ohl8f3XFpsXznV9xXMkVy1FZyGU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I was shocked no one bid on it, I have a buddy @ Southern that gets us a discount and i was prepared to pay more than that for a GT Air solid color only.

Currently using an Arai Quantum II (Doohan replica - love it!) but waiting on delivery of a Shoei RF-1200 (don't like designs available but love the fit).
I'm entertaining the idea of a sub $200 helmet to use for my short commute...sub $200 because I don't trust the people I work with the be as careful near my helmet as I'd like. Anyone have any recommendations?

We are considering new Bluetooth style Comms.     Any suggestions?   We don't mind paying for quality but we are not rich.   Any reasonably priced systems that work well?    Any advice would be appreciated.   

I've just bought a dual pack Interphone F5MC, seems pretty good - wanted the extra range for bike-to-bike comms, which ruled out the Cardo manufactured unit for the Shuberth helmets, also my riding buddies are using the same model. Cardo have some decent looking units. 
I've currently got a Shuberth S1 Pro, it getting a bit long in the tooth now, combination of the padding softening and my surprising ability to have lost some weight has meant the helmet is a bit loose. I didn't notice it on my YZF 600 R, but on the Tracer/FJ the wind noise is pretty bad. Looking at the S2, Helmet City bought last years' remaining UK stock from Shuberth and have them at semi reasonable prices ( well half of original list ).

I didn't have a helmet when I signed up for the MSF class and decided to buy one late in the day before the class. Stopped at a local Cycle Gear store and bought the Bilt Evolution Modular Helmet. It fits great, works well in cool weather, and it's DOT sticker'd. Priced at 260 USD, but it was on sale for 140 the day I was there.

I really wanted a Shark Evoline, but then I discovered a Shoei RF 1200 on close out at the local dealership that fit my head. Really quiet and comfortable, with a pin lock. Cheek pads were a little tight, so I've ordered slimmer ones fom RevZ and hope to add a transition shield later in the summer...aff for less than the Shark. Seems like some deals can be found off the beaten path.

Archived