What Helmet(s) do you guys wear?

What you guys think of the Shoei Neotec ? http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet I've been researching for weeks now. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Any thoughts ?
I've read and heard good things about the neotec. 
I am currently running around in the Shoei GT Air.  It is a good helmet.  Relatively quiet and quite comfortable for my head shape.

Only gripe i have with it is that the pin-lock is poorly designed so that it shifts around after a while causing the lip of the pin-lock to interfere with the smooth operation of the shield.  This was fixed with some scotch tape strips at the top of the pin lock to keep it in place and remove the edge at the top that was catching on the helmet.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Neotec...... Man thats alot to spend on a helmet
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This one looks super aerodynamic and I bet there will be zero wind noise at all! 
http://necaonline.com/51331/products/collectables/prop-replicas/halo-master-chief-modular-motorcycle-helmet/
Yep already looked at that one and actually gave it some thought for all of 5 sec..... Was between Masterchief or Iron man----I still went with the Neotec O_o
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

I rock the HJC IS-17 in matte black and absolutely love it. It's a sub $200 helmet that's loaded with features. It could vent better, it could be quieter, it could be Snell approved, but if it was, it would be twice the price. For how much it costs, it should be garbage, but instead it is a fantastic, comfortable and stylish helmet. I get compliments on it all the time. The matte black really is slick.

http://hjchelmets.com/hjca/is17_is17solid

• Premium Member
Helmets are like jackets to me, you can never have too many ;). My current helmet is a Shoei RF1200. I tried the Shoei GT air, but found the visor fogged up real easy and did not remove the hot air in front of your face very well (poor chin venting). The visor was great and the top of the head venting was pretty good though. Have a Scorpion EXO-R1100 freedom helmet that looked great, but found there was a heat pocket in front of my face that would bother me in high summer heat. The visor worked pretty good, but was not optically clear. My latest helmet the RF1200, removes the hot air from in front of my face very well, and vents overall pretty good. No internal visor, but that is ok. I just use a stripe of window tint on the top 2 inches to block the sun. The helmet is really quiet as far as helmets go, and has nice pockets by the ear holes for my Sena SMH-10 communicator. The graphics are not the greatest though. For some reason I tend to buy the wildest looking helmets whenever that option exists.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I wear HJC-RPS10/RPHA10. I like the Shoei lids but they give me a bit of hot spot on my forehead, this month I'm thinking about going for an Arai because they fit like a glove. It's just hard to justify a helmet that costs twice what I currently wear and weighs more.

• Premium Member
I wear HJC-RPS10/RPHA10. I like the Shoei lids but they give me a bit of hot spot on my forehead, this month I'm thinking about going for an Arai because they fit like a glove. It's just hard to justify a helmet that costs twice what I currently wear and weighs more.
Everybodies head shape is different. I have a round head (like Charlie Brown) and find the Shoei fits perfect. I always wanted an Arai, but dang it, it hurts my head. I also have a Scorpion helmet that I ended up sanding down the foam a little to remove the forehead hot spot. Worked fine after that, but not as comfy as my new Shoei.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I had the same experience. I found that Arai and Bell fit my head much better than Shoei. 

I now have Arai (XD-4, Defiant) and Bell (Star Carbon, RS-1). All are good choices and you can find Bell RS-1 or Bell Stars at pretty reasonable prices. The Bell gives you the option of Transition lenses that automatically adjust to available light. It is a really nice feature. 

The Arai Defiant has the best airflow and is the best in hot weather. For me, the Arai XD-4 is the best all around helmet and would be the one I would choose if I could have only one. 

When buying Helmets, I think of riding down the road and then accidentally smacking into a stationary object face first. Because 70% of helmet impacts occur right on the jaw. Not so sure that I trust Modulars yet, and I know that I don't trust Cycle Gear brands due to past experience. But a cheap helmet is better than no helmet.

Click here to see some cheap deals on quality helmets on sale

Archived