What Helmet(s) do you guys wear?

What you guys think of the Shoei Neotec ? http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-neotec-helmet I've been researching for weeks now. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Any thoughts ?

Ex FJR guy here... I am looking for quality.. its my head.. I have goone down on the street twice..both times my fault.. no other vehicles involved...

We of course ride ATTGAT  walked from both

"For Me"  I want the best crash gear I can afford.. I have chewed through two sets..   to the skin but not beyond... I am looking at Shoei GT Air;;;;;   also love feedback... quality is a must// quiet is my second goal... sory bb   I dont know.. I just like this topic.. I need a new lid sa well

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"For Me"  I want the best crash gear I can afford.. I have chewed through two sets..   to the skin but not beyond... I am looking at Shoei GT Air;;;;;   also love feedback... quality is a must// quiet is my second goal... sory bb   I dont know.. I just like this topic.. I need a new lid sa well
The best helmet for protection and wind noise is generally the one that fits you the best. Heads come in different sizes from round to mid-oval to long-oval. First determine your head shape than find the helmets that match up and go from there. There are a lot of good helmets available and you don't have to spend $500 to find a good one. 

I currently use a Bell RS-1. The transitions face shield was the thing that I had to have. Before that Shoei, for the last twenty plus years. I also liked that the bell is a top quality US made helmet. It is light and fairly quiet, this will be the third season with this helmet. I would recommend this helmet. The helmet you will wear is the one to buy, sitting on a shelf does nobody any good.

Kurt  

I'm using a Bell Revolver as it fits my head shape the best - and has that drop down visor.  Need glasses to ride, so the open design is helpful.  My glasses lenses are transitions, which don't work well in the shade of the helmet.  Enough room for the drop down visor over the glasses.  
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
I currently have an AVG Miglia Modular but will be getting a Shoei Neotec. I have several friends wearing them and all have raved about them. The Neotec fits my head shape well. Don't care much about the internal sun shade (I wear photochromatic glasses). They are a bit pricey, but if you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet!

• Premium Member
I currently have an AVG Miglia Modular but will be getting a Shoei Neotec. I have several friends wearing them and all have raved about them. The Neotec fits my head shape well. Don't care much about the internal sun shade (I wear photochromatic glasses). They are a bit pricey, but if you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet!
Well, you shouldn't get a virus with an AVG helmet :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Caberg Duke Modular lid with integrated drop down visor. The flip-up chin guard allows for a cooler head in our perpetual summer climate. Will stick to this lid till I get the FJ9(hopefully my next year), and then maybe it'll be time for a helmet upgrade.
Hi Giraffe, I am looking at the Caberg Duke. I have never had a flip up helmet before and I was wondering how noisy it is at touring speeds? I currently have a Shark Vision R but considering a flip up, especially for summer. The Caberg scored a perfect five stars in the UK Sharp test.

• Premium Member
I have several helmets.    My everyday, go to one is an HJC - CL-14.   This one just fits me the best and is super QUIET.   I have hearing issues, this is important to me.    The problem with it is the venting is poor so on those REALLY hot summer days I use a Shoei RF-1000.    It is a little noisier and not quite as comfortable as the HJC, but on hot days it vents way better and rides cooler.    I also have a KBC, model number unknown, that fits OK.   Truth is I bought it cause it was cheap and the graphics matched one of my old bikes!   LOL.  
All of my helmets are fitted with old style GMRS radio comms so the wife and I can talk while we ride.   

We are considering new Bluetooth style Comms.     Any suggestions?   We don't mind paying for quality but we are not rich.   Any reasonably priced systems that work well?    Any advice would be appreciated.  

I use a Sena S20. I have not used it as an intercom but use it to connect to my iPhone which I also use as a Satnav - I have a TomTom app and it works well. The sound is clear and it was easy to fit in my Shark Vision R helmet. It integrates well with the iPhone, one push of the button activates Siri. If I want quick directions with the phone in my pocket I ask Siri for directions and follow the voice prompts from Apple Maps.

I've tried several brands of helmets, but nothing fits me as well as my Arai. I was measured at a IMS show by Bruce Porter who did a great job of fitting me properly. Turns out I'd been wearing a helmet too large for me because it was the wrong shape.

I know they are expensive as hell, but if you can find a good shop that will properly fit you to the correct Arai helmet, there really is no better if you have an "Arai Head". A friend of mine is a Shoei guy because he has a "Shoei Head"...I don't. They are great helmets too.

Archived