Rusty centerstand feet - solution pondering

Every time I catch a glimpse of the rusty bottoms of my centerstand when the bike is parked on the kickstand, it bugs me a little.

Do you think there's anything that you could paint those with that would hold up to the centerstand actually being used?

I was wondering if truck bed liner would do the job.

I might try some phosphoric acid on mine.
That'll remove the rust but won't prevent it from re-forming quick smart!   A cuppla little leather bootees may do the job!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Every time I catch a glimpse of the rusty bottoms of my centerstand when the bike is parked on the kickstand, it bugs me a little. 
Do you think there's anything that you could paint those with that would hold up to the centerstand actually being used?

I was wondering if truck bed liner would do the job.
Bed liner would do the job just fine.

'15 FJ09

Vinnie, remove the little rubber bumper than stops the centerstand in the up position. Then take a nice sharp new razor blade and trim the thickness as much as you like. You will hardly believe how much extra ground clearance this will give you. $0 fix.

Connie, remove the little rubber bumper than stops the centerstand in the up position. Then take a nice sharp new razor blade and trim the thickness as much as you like. You will hardly believe how much extra ground clearance this will give you. $0 fix.
Wow I feel like a idiot for not even thinking of this as a option. You may have just single handedly saved the centerstand on my bike. 

Connie, remove the little rubber bumper than stops the centerstand in the up position. Then take a nice sharp new razor blade and trim the thickness as much as you like. You will hardly believe how much extra ground clearance this will give you. $0 fix.
Wow I feel like a idiot for not even thinking of this as a option. You may have just single handedly saved the centerstand on my bike.
I must be missing something, for I cannot see how extra ground clearance on the c/stand - useful though it may be - will stop its feet from rusting... ::)

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

It's always a good day when you help one person and confuse another. If you don't scrape the paint off something it won't rust, ergo you don't have to repaint it. Personally I find it too difficult to see the bottom of the centerstand feet while riding to worry about it. ?

I will definitely take a look at those bumpers now. Thanks for the tip!

Archived