Anyone else riding to view the eclipse?

• Premium Member
Drove up to Mt. Juliet Tennessee yesterday. Spend the weekend with my son and his wife. Watch the eclipse 2m 30sec. Leave Tuesday. Didn't ride through. Too flipping hot. When I was going through Alabama the outside air temp was 101°
I'm assuming traffic in Nashville will be crazy, so I picked LBL.  Should be lots of opportunities to find parking spots even if the biggest locations (Golden Pond observatory, etc.), will probably be crowded.
Yep. Nashville has been a Sh*tshow all weekend.....  :P 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I'm going north to Hwy 20 and east across the northern cascade mountains, and then when I hit desert, I'll head south on Hwy 97 and come back west across on Hwy 2.
Ha- I'm riding the exact same area on Wednesday/Thursday and Friday.  Highway 20 across to Usk, then back through Chewelah, Inchelium, Nespelem, Blewett Pass and White Pass.  If you have never ridden the stretch from Nespelem to Usk, you owe it to yourself.  FANTASTIC riding, with ZERO traffic!!
Wow, that looks like a great ride! I typically just come across one of the Mountain passes from the West (Seattle) side, and then come back. Nespelem to Usk would take me almost to the Idaho border, definitely a two day trip 
I'll have to add that to the list of Must-Do rides

• Premium Member
Judging from the traffic leaving LBL, I made the right choice stopping at the Kentucky Lake Dam state park. Easy parking and lots of shade next to an open grassy area. It was a little hot riding home. Otherwise it was a great experience.

5438562.jpg  

5438556.jpg

5438557.jpg

5438559.jpg

Archived