Somebody wanted it more than I did, I guess

Well, I came home last night and found that my house had been burglarized. Among other things, they took the motorcycle key off the shelf, strapped on my favorite helmet, and rode away on my 2016 FJ09. :-(. Yeah, I have insurance, but it still sucks. Robert

• Supporting Member
@n5odj - Oh man, that’s horrible. So sorry to hear this, Robert... especially at the holidays. I am firmly convinced there is a special place in hell for thieves.

Take care. I hope it’s found quickly, or the insurance process is rapid and you can back in another FJ. Good luck!

-Scott

• Premium Member
Bummer! Where do you live? I have an alarm system for the house and the garage tied directly to the police, not through a service on what they used to call a "wet line", so if it was cut the police knew. Not that an alarm is ever 100% effective. I am actually currently upgrading to a system that among other features has video cameras that can be monitored from our cell phones. Many of the new security systems are incredibly inexpensive.

And we live in a "relatively" (knock on plastic) low-crime village. I also keep my car and motorcycle keys hidden but still readily accessible.

I'm not sure you want them to recover your FJ-09 unless you had a lot of accessories and mods on it that are not covered by insurance. BTW, I photographically document all mods and accessories, and keep all receipts...

Again, bummer...

I live in east Tennessee. Probably will get a few game cameras to watch the house. I have no home internet right now, so the remotely viewed cameras aren't an option. Well, I almost hope they don't recover it now; would rather the insurance just pay up. Honestly, my dream bike is a big honkin' Goldwing, so I'll likely continue saving for that. I would like to get my guns back though. Whatever..... it's just stuff. No big deal in the grand scheme of things I guess.  That FJ sure was a fun bike though.

Robert

• Premium Member
So sorry to hear this! I've had my house burglarized before, it's a horrible feeling to know that someone broke into your home and violated your space.

I was going to say something about my wishes for the perp, but they aren't very Christmaslike.

• Supporting Member
Are you hoping to get the new 2018 Goldwing??

I have to admit, I’m really intrigued by the new Goldwing. Every time I think Honda has completely lost their way, they pull off something like this that gets my full attention.

And it still TOTALLY sucks that your FJ and other things were stolen @n5odj. Inexcusable that people behave that way in our society.

• Supporting Member
Are you hoping to get the new 2018 Goldwing??
I have to admit, I’m really intrigued by the new Goldwing. Every time I think Honda has completely lost their way, they pull off something like this that gets my full attention. 
I’m with @texscottyd on this. If you were looking at the Goldwing, the 2018 model sounds pretty impressive.  And this comes from someone with zero interest in a Goldwing previously. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Probably will go with the new 2018 Goldwing, but the 17', etc. sure are nice too.  I could be convinced either way.  Shroeder's (spelling??) in Hendersonville, NC will sell the new ones for 3k less than MSRP if you order one & make a down payment.  

Robert

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
The new Yamaha Star Eluder/Venture looks like a tired, old dinosaur compared to the new Wing.
I was back in the shop at the local dealers recently talking with the mechanic as he was assembling the Venture.  What a bloated pig of a bike! - 963 lbs!  That's over 300 lbs heavier than the FJR and 500 lbs heavier than the FJ-09. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The new Yamaha Star Eluder/Venture looks like a tired, old dinosaur compared to the new Wing.
I was back in the shop at the local dealers recently talking with the mechanic as he was assembling the Venture.  What a bloated pig of a bike! - 963 lbs!  That's over 300 lbs heavier than the FJR and 500 lbs heavier than the FJ-09.
Plus the Venture/Eluder is air-cooled.  It must be like sitting on a furnace during summer riding.

Archived