Zero Gravity Double Bubble

birches

@birches looks good. If you're interested the FZ-09 bar end weights fit perfectly. I noticed you have them bare at the moment.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looking around at windscreens and this one is coming in at a very good price. Does anyone have experience with this windscreen and how it performs compared to others tried? Thanks
I installed this on my last Tracer.   Material seems a bit thicker that OE, which reduced the amount of fore-and-aft oscillations at the top.   I felt that the air-flow over my helmet was a bit smoother, but that may have been wishful thinking.   No adverse comments on it at all - and it looks good.   For the $$$s, give it a go.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

had it didnt like it. better felt with the sport touring model from zero gravity. if someone wants a really shorty screen, try ERMAX sport or MRA. i have mra screen and its good.

MODS: custom remapped 133 wheel power by T.R.E. / K&P WORKSHOP,  WOOLICH RACING + race tools package, reprofiled cams,  ported cylinder head,  higher compression, bored throttle bodies, ape cam tensioner,  OHLINS FGK237 cartridge & YA 535,  GPR V4, SKF Fork seals,  BREMBO RCS 19 Corta Rossa with SC pads, HEALTECH shift light PRO, AKRAPOVIC racing carbon exhaust, slipper clutch + Barnett clutch springs, JT Sprockets + JVMX 525 black 112 links chain, oil temp gauge drain plug, air filter DNA + Modded airbox, PIRELLI ROSSO CORSA II, YAMAHA LED plus blinkers, antitheft alarm scorpio 900i + perimeter sensor + kill engine module, CELLULAR INTERPHONE led slim fog lights with yamaha oem mounting bracket, YAMAHA heated grips and more....

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 8:13 AM, jdavis said:

I have a cheap eBay screen, short. The wind hits my chest and the helmet is in clear air.

Same here, mines from AliExpress.com. The 1 I have is 28 bucks. The double bubble is even cheaper. I'm an ole Vmax guy. Used to the cowl over the speedo in the center above the top triple clamp. 

IMG_5971.JPG

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
On 12/18/2018 at 9:49 PM, kltk1 said:

I also noticed, there's a strong trend of going down in size to get past the buffet issues. Thank you for the replies. 

The stock screen seems to be a poor ‘right in the middle’ compromise.   I went the short route with a Cal Sci tinted shorty, and really like the result.   More airflow, but it’s relatively smooth and quiet in comparison to the original screen.   

Here’s a simple suggestion:  Remove the stock screen entirely and ride around for a few days.   If it feels better, go with a short screen.   If it feels too windy and naked, then one of the bigger ‘barn door’ replacement screens might be a better choice.   I was amused to find the bike was more enjoyable with no screen at all than it was with the factory windscreen.   

61681532-7336-4807-AC8D-45380A36624A.jpeg

I have the same - or very similar - except in clear.   AUD$44 on E Bay too.   Works a treat.    

BTW - I like the location of your two spot/ fog LEDs - high up and well apart.   How/ to what are they secured please?   I'd like to know as I await delivery of my own DRL LEDs.

PS - lovely colour there, jd!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Had an aluminum bar made up to fit across the lower screen mount holes ( mounted behind the metal plate) with a 1" round bar at each end to clamp the LED's to. LED's are 96Watts and powered off the battery and permanently switched with the High Beam.

The little holes are for 'zip ties' for the leads.

20180607-20180610_002652.jpg

20180607-20180610_002718.jpg

Archived