Michelin Pilot Road 5

• Premium Member
A slightly off topic question. Anyone using 90 degree valve stems? I find it difficult to put air in with straight up stock tire valves. If so, what brand?

I got some of these from revzilla. They make it mucho easy to check/add air to your tires.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bike-master-90-degree-valve-stems

Let’s go Brandon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
A slightly off topic question. Anyone using 90 degree valve stems? I find it difficult to put air in with straight up stock tire valves. If so, what brand?
Yes. I've been using these from Kurvey Girl for years: 
https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=169&products_id=643&osCsid=mdlcd4kgi2bogcda6ec76liql5

Quality kit. (You will need the 11.3mm)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=169&products_id=643&osCsid=mdlcd4kgi2bogcda6ec76liql5

+1 i use the ones from Kurvey Girl as well. I can’t imagine not having these stems, they make life so much easier. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

+1 i use the ones from Kurvey Girl as well. I can’t imagine not having these stems, they make life so much easier. 
I've sometimes wondered - do you leave these on all the time, or just carry them to use when inflating a tyre?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I've sometimes wondered - do you leave these on all the time, or just carry them to use when inflating a tyre?
They permanently install as your new valve stems.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

They permanently install as your new valve stems.
Thank you - but does this not affect wheel balance?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I did get to go for a ride today with the new Michelin Pilot Road 5 tires. They felt very nice. A bit stiffer side wall feel. I may try slightly lower pressures. I ran 36/42 F/R.  I do like the turn in feel on the front. Feels very sporty.  Grip was excellent.  Hoping to get more than 6K miles out of the PR5s.

• Supporting Member
Once the weather dries up here I'll be ready to break them in.
That just struck me as funny as their selling point is their wet weather performance.  ;)

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Once the weather dries up here I'll be ready to break them in.
That just struck me as funny as their selling point is their wet weather performance.  wink.png
lol yes, but i would like to run them 100 miles or so and scuff them up...boost my confidence a bit 

• Premium Member
That just struck me as funny as their selling point is their wet weather performance.  wink.png
lol yes, but i would like to run them 100 miles or so and scuff them up...boost my confidence a bit
Having a tire that is great in wet weather is nice, (and maybe required here in the Pacific Northwest), but that doesn't mean I have to like riding in the rain.......

Archived