First Oil change

I feel like a proud papa!  First oil change with filter, Mazda oil drain plug and modified oil pan guard.  Finally hit 1000 miles after the first month of owning the bike. Loving every mile so far.

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

I dumped that oil/filter the dealerships put in after they unbox em after like 10miles just to get rid of all that gunk/junk/assembly line crud out ASAP... then I changed at 500miles then every 3k miles...

oil changes and oil brands and break-in methods are like trying to figure out what came first, the chicken or egg
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
I dumped that oil/filter the dealerships put in after they unbox em after like 10miles just to get rid of all that gunk/junk/assembly line crud out ASAP... then I changed at 500miles then every 3k miles...  
oil changes and oil brands and break-in methods are like trying to figure out what came first, the chicken or egg
Same here.  I did my first at 100 miles, then 2nd at 500. I wanted to be overly cautious getting all of the metal particles out but I also didn't adhere to a break-in procedure concerning limited rpm's.  To each their own.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Sorry to start another "Oil"thread. This wasn't my intention. I put over 90,000 on my old V65 Magna with 5 to 7500 oil change intervals. My 2001 Concours had over 165,000 miles (all mine) on it with 5-7500 mile oil change intervals. I can go on, but it all boils down to what you think is best given your machine and the best information you wish to listen to. I expect to have this bike for another ten years and over 100,000 on it before I too sell it. My old changes are based on my experiences. 1000 miles was a "nice" mileage to start the process. That's all. YMMV. I plan on changing out my winter tire air to spring air on March 20th. Then Summer air June 20th at 12 midnight (Summer solstice) Should I used mountain or ocean air?

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Supporting Member
That depends on your relative humidity and altitude.  Personally I would steer clear of ocean air, too much salt and corrosion.  :D

• Supporting Member
Personally I would steer clear of ocean air, too much salt and corrosion.  grin.png
Well darn... I got it all wrong today.  
071cafdc398bb2affef9db8f686c9536.jpg

Well, at least you were out riding today, I had to work all day. 

Archived