SHAD Sucks!

• Premium Member
I wanted to share my experience purchasing my Shad Side cases and mounting bracket directly from ShadUSA off their website and located n Miami Fl. I have never had such a horrible experience from a vendor in my life (and that is a very long time)

I ordered the two side cases, the inner bags for both cases, and the mounting bracket on March 12, 2018. Every step along the way, Shad has screwed up, and they really don't seem to care about fixing it or getting it right. I ordered these for a trip I'm taking next week, and I still don't have the inner bags, and won't have them before I leave. (I'm actually not sure I will ever see them)

Don't construe this to mean I think the products aren't any good, I've been really happy with the side bags and the Top Case I opted to buy from Revzilla after the experience I had trying to buy directly from SHAD. Below is the log I have kept since I placed my order. Daniel seems to be the only person working in the Miami office, and I haven't been able to get a contact number for anyone else in the company. (If anyone has this information, please pm me and share)

Hope no-one else has to go through what I have experienced......

Activity Log for Shad Side Case and Mounting Bracket

1. 3/12/2018 - Ordered my Shad bags direct from Shad USA website - Order confirmed by Shad, letting me they would notify me when order had shipped

2. 3/16/18 - Got a call from Daniel at ShadUSA, asking if he could delay shipment until next Wednesday (3/21/18) because they didn’t have the 3P mounting bracket for the FJ-09 in stock. He said everything else was in stock. I agreed, as it was only a week delay, and I wouldn’t need the bags until Summer anyway

3. Tried calling multiple times after 3/21, because I hadn’t heard they shipped, but couldn’t get a call back from Daniel

4. 4/11/18 - Finally got two shipment confirmations
         1. Confirmation # 1ZWA38540350491542 says it is the Shad36 Side cases and also the Shad Inner soft bag set
         2. Confirmation # 1Z976FW69041615923 says it is for the 3P System Mount

5. 4/13/2018 - I got Confirmation # 1Z976FW69041615923, but it contained two Shad36 cases, not the mounting bracket. And the soft bags were not included

6. 4/17/18 - Confirmation # 1ZWA38540350491542 says on the UPS shipping website that it was shipped on 4/12/18, and will be delivered on 4/19/18 (it’s 4/17 as I write this), but the contents show it contains the Shad SH36 side cases and the Shad Inner soft bag set. I’m hoping that what I get is the Soft Bags and the Mounting Bracket, but only time will tell.

7. On 4/18/18 I received the mounting bracket, but still no inner soft bags. I sent an email to Daniel to see when I would get them - no return message from Daniel until……...

8. 4/27/18 - got an email from Daniel saying that the inner bags were on back order. Estimated shipping date is now May 10th 2018, and Daniel wanted me to confirm I was still willing to wait, which I told him I was. (Duh, I had already paid for them, why would I decline them now?)

9. 5/5/2018 - I Decided I wanted the top case too, but given my experience so far with Shad, no way I was going to order directly from them.
     1. Ordered the Shad Top Case and mounting bracket From Revzilla on 5/5/18 and they arrived on 5/11/2018

10. 5/21/2018 - Called Daniel to find out if the inner bags had come in, and had shipped, but Daniel didn’t know. He said they should have come in, but was not sure. They received a shipment today and he was going to see if they were in that shipment.

11. 5/24/2018 - Didn’t hear back from Daniel, so I called him today. He didn’t get any of the soft bags, and didn’t know when they would be in. He told me they should be in the next order, but honestly, I have heard so many stories from Daniel that I don’t believe him anymore. I told him I needed the bags for my trip next month, and I had been waiting on them to ship them for 2 1/2 months. Daniel said he would try to find some soft bags and get back to me. (not holding my breath)

12. 6/1/2018 - Called Daniel to check on the soft bags and they still haven’t come in. He expects them either next week or the week after.

13. 6/11/2018 - Called Daniel and he says they are expecting an order on Wednesday or Thursday of this week. He said he will call me if they have the inner bags in that order

14. 6/22/2018 - Called Daniel this morning, and he says they don’t have the inner bags, and expect them in on July 6th. I told him that is the day I am leaving for my trip, and I ordered the bags and cases over 3 months ago. He said he needed to check something on Monday (June 25, 2018) and I should call him back on Tuesday morning 9:00am PST, and he may have the bags he can ship to me.

15. 6/26/2018 - Called Daniel this morning as he requested, to verify they were going to ship the bags this week, so I would have them for my trip next week. Daniel didn’t seem to remember our conversation, and said he didn’t have the bags in stock. He promised to ship them next week, but that wouldn’t get them to me in time for my departure on Friday Morning July 6th. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused. He finally told me his supervisor’s name was Michael Schuind, but would not give me a telephone number.

• Supporting Member
Damn, @David that is quite a crappy ordeal. I think I would have canceled the order after the first 6 weeks.

Revzilla can get the SH36 Soft Bags  ** Requires 3-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment
Maybe you can get expedited shipping or get them drop shipped directly?

US-based customers, please call (877) 792-9455

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Damn, @david that is quite a crappy ordeal. I think I would have canceled the order after the first 6 weeks. 

Revzilla can get the SH36 Soft Bags  ** Requires 3-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment
Maybe you can get expedited shipping or get them drop shipped directly?

US-based customers, please call (877) 792-9455

Thanks betoney, this is new, I've been looking on Revzilla and up until a few days ago, they had been showing it as backordered. I sent a message to Daniel at Shad asking him to provide me with a delivery date, or I'm going to buy the bags of revzilla and have Visa cancel the charge.

I've got a Shad top case, had it for a year and change now. I'm not impressed with the quality and how its holding up. I'm not going to get rid of it, but I won't be buying one again.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Quite an ordeal... sorry to hear. Kimpex is another good option to explore for Shad product. I bought my cases there. 
This might come handy @david :

Michael Schuiten
mschuiten@shadusa.com
T.305.652.6366 F.305.655.0858
Thanks piotrek, I tried calling the number, but it routes directly to Daniel, who I have been working with. I did send an email to Michael, hoping he can step in and resolve this. 

• Premium Member
This is not the first time that I've heard about people getting jerked around by the Shad guys in Miami, I don't think they stock much there so that's probably why they take so long. Revzilla has about the best customer service and returns policy that I've ever experienced so if they have something that I need I just get it from them.
BLB

I've heard of these experiences as well... glad there was no drama when I ordered mine. Went to SHAD USA, ordered them, arrived 10 days later as expected

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Back in 2015 I think direct from the Miami distributor was the only way to get Shad bags. There were a number of stories exactly like this on the forum which is why I went with Hepco Becker bags instead. Sadly that vendor doesn't seem to be a forum supporter anymore.

My HB bags are fine and customer service from Motomachines was great. But I did have a quality problem and I think the Shad bags look nicer. If I had to buy new bags now I'm sure I'd get Shads from RevZilla.

• Premium Member
Back in 2015 I think direct from the Miami distributor was the only way to get Shad bags. There were a number of stories exactly like this on the forum which is why I went with Hepco Becker bags instead. Sadly that vendor doesn't seem to be a forum supporter anymore. 
My HB bags are fine and customer service from Motomachines was great. But I did have a quality problem and I think the Shad bags look nicer. If I had to buy new bags now I'm sure I'd get Shads from RevZilla.
I'm in the same boat as you, I only ordered direct from Shad because Revzilla didn't have any in stock, and wasn't sure when they would get them. Shad USA said they had them ready to ship, but of course they were lying. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Well I finally got an email with shipping confirmation that the bags have shipped. I'll wait to claim victory until they are in my hands, and are the same as what I ordered. Got a UPS shipping number, but it hasn't entered their system yet, so I don't have an estimated delivery date.

• Premium Member
Yep, too late for the trip, it's already over.

AND......... While I have a UPS Tracking # from Daniel which shows the shipment is confirmed by UPS, they say it never entered their system. The bags haven't arrived here, and UPS doesn't have a record of them being picked up. I guess my ordeal with Daniel @ ShadUSASucks isn't quite over yet.

More to come.....

• Premium Member
So I called Daniel and he said that UPS hasn't picked it up yet, but will come by today to pick up the bags.

I've never heard of UPS not picking up packages from vendors when notified. The only thing I can imagine is that there wasn't anyone there when they showed up, and Daniel didn't follow up to re-schedule the pick-up. (my speculation only)

Still, he promised they would pick up the package tomorrow, and it would show in the UPS tracking system at that time.

Archived