"Best" Mesh Sport-Touring Jacket ???

Tourmaster Intake Air 4.0 works pretty well for me.

To BBB, unfortunately, and as I clearly stated, I cannot afford two different jackets, thus, what is typically sold as a "3-season" jacket will have to do.  Besides...and this goes to chitown, as well...I don't live in an area where the temperatures drop into 20s....

I live and ride year round in warmer climate than yours and only mentioned that the jacket with liners would work down to 20s because multiple seasons were mentioned. It's the best flowing mesh I've tried. 

• Premium Member
I have a couple of older mesh jackets with leather on the elbows and shoulders that are much better protection than just mesh and textile. I know Joe Rocket still makes one but there may be others, I just don't see them as much probably because their too cheap to use a bit of leather anymore. 
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/joe-rocket-reactor-30-jacket
That's one of the jackets I had on my "short list"...when I was riding the SV. It's great if you're rushing a sport bike, in a tucked positron. However, I don't think the jacket's shape is conducive to a fully upright riding position.
It's pretty much the same style as what I've been using but I guess it depends on how you're built, anyway Revzilla has a free return policy so you can just send it back if it doesn't work out. 
BLB

That's one of the jackets I had on my "short list"...when I was riding the SV. It's great if you're rushing a sport bike, in a tucked positron. However, I don't think the jacket's shape is conducive to a fully upright riding position.
It's pretty much the same style as what I've been using but I guess it depends on how you're built, anyway Revzilla has a free return policy so you can just send it back if it doesn't work out.
I already know it won't "work out", so there's no point in ordering it.  As I said, it was one of the jackets that made my "short list" when I was looking for a new sport bike jacket, but it does NOT have the proper cut, or fit, for an upright riding position, such as that found on touring bikes.  Thank you, again, for the suggestion, but I am only interested in jackets specifically designed for touring/adventure. 

Since the Alpinestars Santa Fe Air has been discontinued, these are the current jackets on my "short list":
REV'IT! Tornado 2, Klim Induction, Tourmaster Intake Air 4.0, Olympia Airglide 5, and Olympia Dakar 2

I am still looking into other possibilities, as well as seeing what other mesh touring/adventure jackets people can recommend.  Likewise, if anyone has experience with any of these five jackets (even better if anyone has experience with more than one of them), let me hear what you have to say.  Lastly, in regards to the Alpinestars Santa Fe Air, if anyone knows any retailers that still have the dark grey/grey in a size XL, I'd REALLY like to know.

I wear a Rev'it Levante and I'm super happy with it. I previously wore a Tourmaster Intake Air 3 and the quality on the Rev'it really puts it to shame. The stitching and material quality on the Rev'it is so much batter.

It's a "touring cut" meaning it goes down past the waist, which may not be your thing, but that gives you a nice amount of storage while still allowing for plenty of mesh area. It breaths plenty in hot weather and with the thermal liner in and a heavy sweatshirt on underneath, I've worn it in way colder weather than it was ever intended for.

I already know it won't "work out", so there's no point in ordering it.  As I said, it was one of the jackets that made my "short list" when I was looking for a new sport bike jacket, but it does NOT have the proper cut, or fit, for an upright riding position, such as that found on touring bikes.  Thank you, again, for the suggestion, but I am only interested in jackets specifically designed for touring/adventure. 

Since the Alpinestars Santa Fe Air has been discontinued, these are the current jackets on my "short list":
REV'IT! Tornado 2, Klim Induction, Tourmaster Intake Air 4.0, Olympia Airglide 5, and Olympia Dakar 2

I am still looking into other possibilities, as well as seeing what other mesh touring/adventure jackets people can recommend.  Likewise, if anyone has experience with any of these five jackets (even better if anyone has experience with more than one of them), let me hear what you have to say.  Lastly, in regards to the Alpinestars Santa Fe Air, if anyone knows any retailers that still have the dark grey/grey in a size XL, I'd REALLY like to know.

BMW makes some very nice jackets of varying styles, if you're able/ prepared to sell your first-born.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
For hot weather, I have the Dainese Air Frame jacket. Here’s what’s good about it:

- available in finely-gradated sizes
- zips together with all Dainese pants (for instance, the mesh Over Flux pants)
- pops up on sale now and then

I wear the jacket sometimes but I wear the matching Over Flux pants almost all the time (with warmer Dainese jackets).

It doesn’t have a lot of pockets, but if airflow is your issue, you don’t want a lot of stuff in your pockets anyway.

Aside from anything else, I think the best recommendation for a jacket is: any jacket that zips into your pants! So much more comfortable that way.

After reading many reviews, watching numerous videos, as well as reading the suggestions here, and on the ADVRider forum (where I posted the same question), I believe I have a winner - the Klim Induction Jacket. I don't need "waterproof", but I seriously NEED high ventilation. While it might not be the warmest mesh jacket, that is very easily resolved by, if/when needed, wearing an additional layer under the jacket. Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions, as your suggestions gave me several excellent options.

I'll toss in another suggestion. Motoport

I ordered the Klim Induction from Revzilla. Two of them as I was between sizes. Ended up sending both back. Didn't care for the sleeve cuffs and a couple other things. I also like the RevIt line. Tried the Tornado which I liked better then the Klim but not as good of protection as the Klim. RevIt had  euro zipper so pull is on the opposite side of US as I recall. But again, between sizes. So my size then and I'm sure now is just harder to fit. I ended up with Motoport Kevlar. Ultimate protection, custom fit, sport or touring models and repairable. They have both the stretch Kevlar which some say is even better for hot summer as you don't wick away as much moisture from your skin. Others like the Air Mesh Kevlar which allows more airflow but is a stiffer material then the stretch. Air mesh is more like the Klim Induction mesh which is also Kevlar I believe. I've had both Motoport mesh materials but currently using the Air Mesh which works very well for me. I rode in 101 temps last Thursday. A nice splash of cool water at stops keeps things refreshing. With liner in place, I've ridden down to 35 but much more cozy with a heated jacket liner and wind stopper from another brand.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Lastly, to Cruizin, unfortunately, I have never heard of Brosh before.  After checking, I discover they are an Israeli company, and, while the quality might be good, there's no way to verify.  There are no local retailers carrying this brand, so checking fit, as well as quality, before purchasing would be impossible.  For reasons almost anyone would agree with, I think it's best to avoid unknown brands, especially when there's no way to try them on before purchasing.

I don't want to sound like a Brosh employee or owner, and this is not about their jackets, but: (a) Israel has a very sophisticated manufacturing capability, including of advanced textile products; and (b) several years ago I bought on-line a pair of their Brosh neoprene (?) waterproof over-boots, which worked exceptionally well, and lasted me for at least ten years.   On this basis, I'd buy from them again.   Nevertheless, I can understand bb's hesitation...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Not sure if it is available in your market but I got an RST PRO Series Adventure 3 Jacket during last summer in Aus.

I was looking originally at a purely mesh and hence summer only jacket... DriRider and Dainese but saw the RST and bingo!

The sleeves both open up the full length with mesh.
Panels in the chest open up and neatly tuck away to expose mesh panels. There are.more zips to open just below the front of each should for more venting. The back has two long zips either side that open for pass through venting.

Then there's the zip in/out Sinaqua layer which sounds like don't need.

Then there's a quilted layer to zip in/out. It's winter us Aus and more morning ride today was 3°c to work and I was comfortably warm with just a thermal and t-shirt underneath.

I've done around 15,000km mixed city/country/hwy riding in it in summer Autumn and now winter and love it.

Plus its great value for money. Around $450 AUD / $330USD.
In fact a few months later I went and bought the pants to suit.

In case anyone else was wondering....it's VERY effective in being waterproof with the zip in layer and the other sections closed.

I tried the Macna reflective jacket but it was a terrible cut on my solid build.

Each to their own but hope it helps someone.

Cheers.

Now that you're buying Held, you should look at their "2in1 Gore-tex" jacket here: https://shop.held.de/en/ladies/clothes/jackets/4619/2in1-gore-tex-touring-jacket-aerosec-gtx-top?c=716&number=006848-00.72.XS

It has two layers inside. If it gets to cold you stop, take of the jacket and zip down the back layer. So you can now jump into the back of the jacket, so you get an extra layer. I think it's easier to understand by watching the last part of this video:

Well...got "good", as well as "bad" news. The "good" is that, after a lot of suggestions (mostly from an identical thread on the FJ09.org forum), a lot of research, and a lot of reviews, I decided to get the Klim Induction jacket (as well as Klim Mojave pants). Unfortunately...the "bad" news...neither fits properly. For the jacket, while an XL fits my torso perfectly, the sleeves extend to my fingertips (an orangutan, I am NOT). Trying a large, the sleeves were almost the right length, but the torso was soooo tight, I couldn't even zip the jacket (left & right sides were approx 2-3" apart). As for the pants, the correct waist size had an inseam that was 4" too long.

Thankfully (yes, there's additional "good" news), there was one brand I had initially ignored, purely because I had never heard of them before - Motoport. Before I continue, kudos, ^5s, and $1M (virtual) to chitown & panooch, as they’re the ones that brought Motoport to my attention. I've read up quite a bit on them since then, and, while the jackets are on the (very) pricey side, I believe it will meet my needs/requirements better than anything out there. To the rest of you who tried to help, a HUGE "Thank You". Now, if anyone has $700-800 they'd like to give me, I promise to leave the jacket to you when I'm no longer "of this Earth"...LOL

Archived