Welcome to the Tracer 900 GT Forum section!

Cruizin

Ok, it's time to create a section just for the GT owners! Most of the parts are the same, but there are differences and in the future there may be even more differences.

Tracer 900 GT owners, how do you like your bikes? Worth the extra cash?

• Supporting Member
I only have 400mi on the GT so far. But so far I'm very pleased with the bike at this price point (except the lack of self-canceling turn signals) I had to have a bike with cruise control, but still wanted a sport-touring capability. The instrument panel puts the one on my old 2010 GL1800 to shame and it does not take up almost half of a bay in the garage. Looking forward to doing some mods to her and racking up the mileage.

Rick

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
Ok, it's time to create a section just for the GT owners! Most of the parts are the same, but there are differences and in the future there may be even more differences.  
Tracer 900 GT owners, how do you like your bikes? Worth the extra cash?
I'm diggin' it!  Wasn't really keyed in on price.  I read a few reviews, read about how FJ-09 riders liked their bikes, compared the 2 bikes, considered my preferences and chose to saddle up. 
Glad I did.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Thanks Cruzer. Just what we wanted!

I’m loving my GT 900 but I’m also a first time tracer rider

Last bike was an 08 FZ1S which I had for 10 years so this is big difference.

I love the way it handles and the long distance touring ability.

Already changed the screen for an MRA touring screen and thinking of a custom saddle.

Just stopped for a tea break in Sunny Saffron Walden UK

Vic

Hello, 

I bought mine a few weeks ago and have about 400 miles so far. I like it but not 'quite' as comfortable coming off a V-Strom although the cruise control and the engine make up for that. I figure a new seat and taller windscreen will take care of the comfort part.   One minor annoyance is the fuel gauge, it is all over the place and when it gets lo on fuel  the 'f.trip' begins counting up. That's strange to me, I would rather the 'f.trip' would count down , as in letting me know how many miles I have until empty.  Other then those little annoyances I believe it's going to be a great bike!

Some of the reason I bought the Tracer is i'm in my mid 50's now and have owned dozens of bikes over the years but none of them have been a Yamaha....Want to see how a Yamaha performs....
That's as good a reason as any...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Ordered my GT 7/24, still waiting. Traded my Beloved FZ. Ready for some riding. I thought waiting for a package in the mail was tough, waiting on a bike is WAY worse. Looking forward to sharing what I know and learning what I don’t.

Nice to see a forum for the Tracer 900 GT.  I currently own a 2008 Yamaha FJR1300AE and will be adding a Tracer GT to the mix.  I just finished a 2166 mile trip on the FJR and it is a superb touring machine.  From everything I read, I believe I'll be spending as much time on the Tracer GT.  Looks like a really fun bike with all the bells and whistles.  The FJR is getting a little long in the tooth, but with dental implants it's still a great machine.  I can't wait to brag about my new GT when I get it.  It's always fun to share information with the group and to read others suggestions about farkles, etc.  Thanks again for setting up this forum!  :)

• 2 months later...

Archived