Summer mesh jacket that fits taller rider?

betoney

• Supporting Member
I am looking for a replacement summer mesh jacket, I currently have a Tourmaster Intake Air 3 size Large-Tall, I have been looking for the newer Intake Air 4 in the same size but cant find the tall size anywhere. 

I am 6'-1" and the regular length comes to about my belt line if I was wearing jeans, I am looking for a jacket that is just a bit longer.  I already have an adventure-cut jacket for winter riding.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have the Revit eclipse jacket @betoney and I’m 6’2 with a long torso. It’s definitely a short jacket, but has a longer rear section and loops to put over your belt if you wish, to stop it riding up.

Very good mesh for heat control and yet has armour in the shoulders and elbows as standard. I put the back protector in too.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

While it won't work for me (I'm 5'8", and have slightly shorter-than-average arms), the Klim Induction might be your best bet. Recently, I did a LOT of research, plus asked (and received a lot of relies) others, on what the "best all-season" mesh jacket was. For where I live...the SF Bay Area...this jacket was the ultimate winner. For areas that don't have the great year-round riding weather that we have, you can always wear a lightweight waterproof covering when it rains and/or a sweatshirt underneath when it's cold. I'd suggest checking it out.

Unfortunately, for me, I also have a bit of a belly (225lbs). While the XL fit the torso perfectly, the arms were too long. Trying on a large, the arms were almost perfect (about 1" too long, though that would have been ok), but the torso was so tight, I couldn't zip the jacket. If you're of a "normal" height-to-weight ratio, the XL will probably fit you fairly close to perfect. If you want a great pair of mesh pants to go with the jacket, I'd suggest the Klim Mojave or Mojave In The Boot pants (both are lighter weight)...or if you want heavier weight, the Klim Voyage Air or Adventure Rally Air pants.

As for me...and this would still be an EXCELLENT option for anyone else wanting high-quality, long-lasting, riding gear...dye to my not-so-average body dimensions, I'm going the custom route, and will have jacket & pants made for me by MotoPort. One HUGE advantage of going with MotoPort is that, unlike other company's plastic-based mesh materials, MotoPort uses Kevlar mesh. It's higher quality, . Longer lasting, and will withstand crashes better than your body, or your bike.

• Premium Member
Cycle gear and Revzilla both carry tall sizes.
For my local knocking around I use a Cycle gear Bilt Blaze It comes in tall.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
Thanks for all of the suggestions. There is a Cycle Gear about 30 minutes away, I'll check out what they have to offer.

@Panther6834 - I watched a video review on the Klim jacket, it looks like a very nice product.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
They may not have one in the store. That seems to be hit or miss. You can order it from the web site and they will ship for free to the store for you to pick up.....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Has anyone on here tried the Brosh gear? It’s got me curious, seems it would be a perfect hot weather gear option.

https://fj-09.org/thread/7080

-Skip
I use their pants and jacket daily on my commute in VA. Great for these super hot days down to the mildly chili temps. Bonus is that pants look nice enough for office work.

I am looking for a replacement summer mesh jacket 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

I just got one of these and find it OK for everyday use. I'm 6'1' and 200 lbs. 
The XL is plenty long for my torso.

Cycle Gear's Bilt is a bargain brand but I did not want to spend big bucks on a summer-only jacket. For $119 it's a decent jacket.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

6'7", 275lbs, 27.5" ~ 28" arm, 40" waste. The Joe Rocket Phoenix 12.0 fits me well in a 2XL (no tall sizing). Sleeves are long enough (always a problem for me). I need the 2XL to fit my chest and shoulders; I have the waist cinched in all the way. The XL won't zip up past my ribs.

Archived