Another new Canadian GT owner

rlambke19

My first bike in 1987 was a 1980 Yamaha 400 Heritage Special.
Since then I’ve had Honda’s, Suzuki’s and many, many Kawasaki’s.

When I first saw the FJ-09 I was intrigued, but not enough to bail on my existing ride.

When I heard about the Tracer GT I was even more intrigued.
Enough so that I needed to try one for myself.

So today I brought this beauty home.

Needless to say, I took the long way home.

I’m near Toronto, Ontario.

Looking forward to this next chapter of my moto-life and learning lots from this forum.

Cheers,

Robeb39cbf9f4ad9033e8ed7d5bf14017eb.jpg

• Supporting Member
Rob, good luck with the GT. I am really enjoying mine. Looks like you Canadians get a flat black front fender where the U.S. gets gloss black.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Rob, good luck with the GT. I am really enjoying mine. Looks like you Canadians get a flat black front fender where the U.S. gets gloss black.

Thanks!
Gloss black fender with the same colour scheme?
The black and blue bikes have the gloss, didn’t realize the grey and red did too in the US.

The key mod for me at this point will be to add a CalSci shorty screen as the stock one is less than optimal for me.

Oh, and LED turn signals going on front and back shortly.

Cheers

Rob

That color scheme is so much better than what is available here in the States. The "blurple" scheme is pretty much what is holding me back from trading my FJ in on one. Hopefully next year they introduce more colors for us.

Very easily fixed.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

That color scheme is so much better than what is available here in the States. The "blurple" scheme is pretty much what is holding me back from trading my FJ in on one. Hopefully next year they introduce more colors for us.
Purely as a matter of interest, what colours are available in the US vs Canada?   Whatever they are, they've gotta be better than ours Down Here, for it is still not public as to whether or not we'll see the GT here!   The colour referred to - robertv19's - would be my #1 choice. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Purely as a matter of interest, what colours are available in the US vs Canada?   Whatever they are, they've gotta be better than ours Down Here, for it is still not public as to whether or not we'll see the GT here!   The colour referred to - robertv19's - would be my #1 choice.   

Thanks for that, betoney.   I assume that to be the Raven Black with blue wheel rims and gold fork.   I like it - but is that colour only - "take it or leave it"? Seems strange if so..

In response to an earlier question on this topic, kiwicanuck kindly posted three pix of different colours under the Thread heading 'Tracer 900 GT colours' on July 17th.

Still awaiting official news here if a decision has been made to bring (or not) the GT into Oz.   I'd take Nipple Pink if necessary...

And it looks so much sharper in person.
I’ve had black bikes for so long that it’s nice t have something different
Plus I get the black wheels with the red rim tape (stock) which looks nicer than the blue wheels (just my humble opinion)...and will certainly be easier to keep clean!

Rob

Thanks for that, betoney.   I assume that to be the Raven Black with blue wheel rims and gold fork.   I like it - but is that colour only - "take it or leave it"? Seems strange if so.. 
In response to an earlier question on this topic, kiwicanuck kindly posted three pix of different colours under the Thread heading 'Tracer 900 GT colours' on July 17th.

Still awaiting official news here if a decision has been made to bring (or not) the GT into Oz.   I'd take Nipple Pink if necessary...
From some reading today I now understand that the US no-options colour is indeed the Raven (Gloss Black) with blurple wheels.   Strange you don't have at least one other alternative, not that there's too much wrong with the Raven...   No news yet on availability - if at all - here in Oz... >:D

...   No news yet on availability - if at all - here in Oz... >:D

Yamaha is probably thinking of selling the bike via "special order" thru a dealership??

they did this for the FZ-07 in a few small island countries where like 95% of the motorcycle riders had 250cc and under scooters/mopeds...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

...   No news yet on availability - if at all - here in Oz... superangry.png

Yamaha is probably thinking of selling the bike via "special order" thru a dealership??

they did this for the FZ-07 in a few small island countries where like 95% of the motorcycle riders had 250cc and under scooters/mopeds...

Time will tell, but I've never heard of this being done in our market, but I guess all things are possible!   We enjoy a pretty extensive Yamaha dealer network here - marine craft as well as quads and the like for farm work, and motorcycles too of course.

We seem to be a 'large capacity' riding population too.

We shall see - or not!

Archived