Southeast loop.

fddriver2

• Premium Member
Hey to anyone who might follow.

Heading out on a long solo (for me) ride.  My anticipated itinerary is  Ft. Lauderdale FL - Lake City FL. Lake City - Barber - Mount Juliet TN. Mount Juliet TN - Highlands NC - Waynesville NC. (close friends in both places. 50ish miles apart.) Will stay at both.

Itinerary is subject to change and most certainly will.   

Then I decide whether to head south towards home or run the BRP and Skyline Drive (again) at my pace.  :) The weather forecast will help me decide on that. ::)

If I decide to go farther north it will be Ft. Lauderdale - Lake city - Barber - Mt. Juliet - Waynesville - Waynesboro- Front Royal VA - Norfolk VA -  Savannah Ga (Outer Banks route) - Somewhere - Home.

Short route

Screenshot_32.png

Long route.

Screenshot_33.png

The FJ set up.

FJ_Mississippi.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Sounds like a great trip, is the weather in the south east still warm? Here in the Pacific North West, highs are only in the mid 50's, and a lot colder in the mornings and late afternoons. Wish I lived somewhere with warmer weather for a longer part of the year......

Guess I'm going to have to move to Atlanta.......

• Premium Member
Maybe my plans get changed for me. :/

Screenshot_34.png

Screenshot_35.png

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
Probably best to sit this one out. Sorry man.
 That does not look like the weather gods are on your side on this trip. It has been one of the worst years for doing any serious riding on the east coast, I remember. 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
I might end up in Lake City Florida after it blows through. I have friends there and it's on the Northeast side (bad side) of the storm. If they have problems I'll go up and help out. I can always ride another time.

• Premium Member
Whenever you do take this trip, let me know when you ride up though TN, I'll tag along for some miles!
Absolutely. :)

• Premium Member
A quick update.

My son who lives in Nashville had someone run his wife off the road. Destroying the rims and tires on the right side of their truck. New oem rims are $490+ each. No tires.

So. I found 4 of these on Craigslist for $600 with good rubber.

Now I will be delivering tires and towing my bike to Nashville.

It's probably just as well. The center of Georgia where Hurricane Michael went through is pretty beat up if the news can be believed. And the Hotels are packed. With workers. None of the ones I called had vacancies.

I'll post some pictures and I may get to ride over to the Ashville area to see some friends. It may turn into a ride report yet.

0aaea70632edff4e0c025ca401c715cc.jpg48054edfee89f983fd443feb97f118af.jpg

• Premium Member
And now I have 2 spares..... Lololol.

I feel like Sergeant Hulka.

Archived