What colour is your GT

bugie

The official color for the US market is Raven black, the only choice for the Tracer GT.
I contacted Yamaha via their Yamaha Motor USA Facebook messaging inquiring about why they don't offer the same color options as other countries, here is the response: [em]Each country's models are specific to that country's specifications and demands. Therefore, we determine the color factor based on many factors such as U.S. tastes and demand.[/em][em]
[/em]So where do they find out what these tastes & demands are?

The official color for the US market is Raven black, the only choice for the Tracer GT.
I contacted Yamaha via their Yamaha Motor USA Facebook messaging inquiring about why they don't offer the same color options as other countries, here is the response: [em]Each country's models are specific to that country's specifications and demands. Therefore, we determine the color factor based on many factors such as U.S. tastes and demand.[/em][em]
[/em]So where do they find out what these tastes & demands are?
They don't.  This is Yamaha my friend.   FWIW, Raven Black is the only choice in Oz too - when Yamaha gets around to putting some on the market here.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I swore I would never own a black motorcycle yet one sits in my garage go figure.
I've had a cuppla few black ones - BMW R1200 R Classic, Yamaha Diversion 900 come quickly to mind.   There's much less paintwork to clean and polish than on a black motorcar, so the work involved to keep 'em looking sparkling is minimal, and a black motorcycle with paint and chrome polished to the nth degree is a joy to see..

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I forgot to mention that I owned a 2008 FJR in Raven Black, not just black, Raven Black.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

• Supporting Member
I swore I would never own a black motorcycle yet one sits in my garage go figure.
I've had a cuppla few black ones - BMW R1200 R Classic, Yamaha Diversion 900 come quickly to mind.   There's much less paintwork to clean and polish than on a black motorcar, so the work involved to keep 'em looking sparkling is minimal, and a black motorcycle with paint and chrome polished to the nth degree is a joy to see.. 
  No dought most vehicles look great in black, Sitting on the showroom floor. It just high lights any imperfection in the bodywork and every scratch down the road. Not to mention not being highly visible to other drivers. 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

No dought most vehicles look great in black, Sitting on the showroom floor. It just high lights any imperfection in the bodywork and every scratch down the road. Not to mention not being highly visible to other drivers. 
All no doubt perfectly correct, and not in any way negating my comments...

Black, and I've said in the past I'd never own a black bike..... crow actually tastes OK, kinda like chicken. :-)
Canada gets black or grey GTs.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

Black, and I've said in the past I'd never own a black bike..... crow actually tastes OK, kinda like chicken. :-) Canada gets black or grey GTs.
Here's a pic of my brand-new all-black bike... folding, 12-speed gears, but I had to put a new spring-loaded, wider, gel 'comfort' seat on it.   As with the Tracer, the pain imposed by the OE seat would have made Vlad the Impaler green with envy. 

P1040727.jpg

• Supporting Member
That is one BAAADDD set of wheels, Wordsmith!    ;)
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Archived