Blue wheels

joe72t

Hello All,

Just signed up as a member to this really cool forum!  

I have not pulled the trigger on a Tracer yet but will do so over the long cold Canadian winter.  I sold my first bike a few weeks ago-Honda CB500F and loved every minute of riding it but wanted to kick it up a bit and the Tracer seems perfect.

I have read the reviews and watched the videos.  I  know about the windscreen, firm seat and vibes from the engine and thats not scaring me away.  One thing I'm having a hard time with is those BLUE WHEELS!  I know it's a matter of personal preference and truth be told they are starting to grow on me from what I see on line but has anyone else had misgivings about them?

I wonder if the dealer can order the bike with stock 900 black wheels?  Do they do that sort of thing??

Anyway, thank you all,
Joe

Hello All, 
Just signed up as a member to this really cool forum!  

I have not pulled the trigger on a Tracer yet but will do so over the long cold Canadian winter.  I sold my first bike a few weeks ago-Honda CB500F and loved every minute of riding it but wanted to kick it up a bit and the Tracer seems perfect.

I have read the reviews and watched the videos.  I  know about the windscreen, firm seat and vibes from the engine and thats not scaring me away.  One thing I'm having a hard time with is those BLUE WHEELS!  I know it's a matter of personal preference and truth be told they are starting to grow on me from what I see on line but has anyone else had misgivings about them?

I wonder if the dealer can order the bike with stock 900 black wheels?  Do they do that sort of thing??

Anyway, thank you all,
Joe

Yeah I'm not sure about blue wheels!ALL my friends luv em, one even said they are sexy! or did she mean me!if I had the choice they would be black.
Screen I have put in 2nd lowest position I find that is better and reduces buffeting and I have no problem with seat.

• Premium Member
I did not like the purple wheels at first but have gotten used to them.  As a matter of fact, early on, I was looking into ways to change the color:  repaint the whole wheel; polish the tire bead to natural aluminum color; polish the entire wheel rim and leave the spokes purple; on and on.  And then one day, it didn't bother me anymore and I abandoned all plans for a change.

I bought the touring screen soon after purchasing the bike, used for about 2,000 miles and decided to return to the OEM screen which looks better and for some reason doesn't bother me anymore.

I bought the comfort seat which I find better than the original.  The only thing I don't like about it is that it also tilts forward towards the gas tank, just not as much of a tilt as the OEM.

I test rode my bike before signing the papers to check out the vibrations and found that to be ok.  The more I ride, the less I think about this.

Bottom line, right now, I am loving it and I have no more mods I see as necessary to improve the bike.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

There shouldn't be a reason that Yamaha dealer couldn't order a new set of wheels.. use it as a negotiating point for the price of the bike...

I personally dont mind the blurple wheels.. but I have a matte gray '15 FJ-09 and mine are black.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
@joe72t - Over the long cold Canadian winter, you should have plenty of time to remove the wheels and get them powder coated any color you like.
I'm not a fan of the blurple wheels either, personally I would prefer a dark gun metal gray.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@joe72t - Over the long cold Canadian winter, you should have plenty of time to remove the wheels and get them powder coated any color you like. I'm not a fan of the blurple wheels either, personally I would prefer a dark gun metal gray.
Still waiting to see one here in Oz!   At this rate, the Gen III models will be out elsewhere before we see the Gen IIs.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

One of the things I like about my Tracer is the color of the wheels. :)

20180813-111219.jpg

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current

I don't get vibes off the bar 
the seat is comfy

I love the wheels

I love the bike

why are you asking others? it's what you think thats important. it's your money. it's your ride. test ride. sit on one. take a pic of it and compare it to other pics of other bikes you've taken

your decision

We've got another Wessie here, chums...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

After paying my deposit I waited 10 weeks for my GT to arrive, the whole time I agonized over what to do about the blurple wheels and the pumpkin signals, and decided to start with silver tape on the wheels and some Chinese LED lights.
When the bike arrived I rode it a week and my priorities quickly changed to windscreen and seat mods. Six weeks in now and I have a Calsci screen and levelled seat and I'm good to go.
Can't feel or see the wheels and signals while riding so they will remain stock, no longer a problem!

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

Archived