Cruizin

How to post pics and do stuff on the forum

Ok, so we made the big change to the new forum.  And now there is so much new stuff. 

1. Login.   If you were a member before the change, you have to click on 'Forgot Password" first time that you login. The system will then send you an email (check junk folder) and you must click the link in the email and change your password.  Then, login as normal! 

2. Set up your Profile page.  Click on your username at the top right of the forum.  Now, click on "Profile".  From here, you can upload your little "Profile pic" and this is the little pic that goes up nxt to all of your posts. 

Now, upload your Profile's "Cover Photo".  Like Facebook this is the big cover pic that goes at the top of your profile. 

Not done yet! Now, click on "Edit Profile" and turn on "Status Updates". then scroll down and click "Save".

3. What the heck are "Status Updates"?   Its the social media portion of our website. You can post status updates from your profile page and logged in members will see what you posted, displayed on the main forum page.  Place an @ before someone's username and your post will appear on their status update.  You can share pics, you can share posts from the forum, you can share stuff from outside of this website, too. 

4. How to post pics.  From a new post or Status update, you can upload pics from your device to this website and they will display where you post them. 

In a Post or Status Update, go to the bottom left and click on "Choose Files" . 

how to post pics.PNG

If your image is already hosted on a website somewhere, just copy the "Share link" and come back here to your new post or status update, and click on "insert other media" and follow the directions to paste in the URL.  This is also where you load Gif's. 

save other media.PNG

More tips coming soon, check back for more! 

Click below to learn how to start your own bike album in Gallery!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

How to create your own free album in Gallery

Please title your album "Username's Album". So you don't screw up someone else's username. 

Click this below, it's so easy.

29 minutes ago, vic said:

Hi Cruizin. 

Is there an equivalent to recent posts/threads on the new site?

Vic

Yes, click All Activity.  You can also put the forum into "Fluid mode" at the top of the website. 

• Like 1

Fluid Mode.  This forum can be run in Fluid mode. Let's take a look at Fluid mode below. 

To switch to Fluid mode, click one of the two icons located next to the "start new topic" Button. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.08.00 PM.png

The Icon on the outside left is for "Table" mode. Traditional View. 

The Icon on the inside left is for "Fluid Mode". Fluid mode filters all recent topics.

Below is what Fluid mode looks like.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.22.15 PM.pngAs you can see, Fluid mode puts all content/posts into one thread.  To the right, you can choose which boards show up in fluid mode, so you can skip the parts of the forum you dont want to see. 

You can also click on "Sort By" and choose how you want the topics sorted. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 2.30.02 PM.png

This allows you to fully customize what topics show up in Fluid mode, and in what order and sort preferences are used. 

I use Fluid Mode alot. 

• Thumbsup 1

How to change forum color theme.

This is the easiest. Simply scroll to the bottom of any page, click on "Theme" and then choose light or dark.

I personally use "Light" at work, and "dark" at home. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I see that resizing display size of photos is done with handles... how do I re-size videos?

What images? Images in Gallery? Posts?  And we dont allow video uploads, are you talking about embeds? 

I seem to have difficulty getting digital pix to be added to my posts (some, not all).   Camera is  a Panasonic DMC-SZ1.   Even if I heavily crop a pic it is often knocked back.   I seem to recall - though maybe wrongly, for I am in a cuppla other Forums - that previously we could 'shrink' a pic that was to be posted.

It's probably me, but can someone help with this problem?   As it is said - no pic means it didn't happen!

Thanks...

• Like 2

Is there a way to scale down posted video sizes (viewable), i.e. set an iframe attribute, similar to what the old SW allowed us to do. Not all videos need to be giant in viewable size. Working with images is great... how about the videos?!! 😛

18 hours ago, piotrek said:

Is there a way to scale down posted video sizes (viewable), i.e. set an iframe attribute, similar to what the old SW allowed us to do. Not all videos need to be giant in viewable size. Working with images is great... how about the videos?!! 😛

Embedded videos are restricted to being no more than 420px wide, but to also never be wider than a browser can handle.  There are not any other settings, besides the youtube settings.    

Guys, you can paste facebook and other posts/vids/updates here. 

Same way you do it when pasting youtube vids, and they auto embed. Even reddit posts. 

Facebook, go to the post with the pic/video, click on the time/date located below. 

COPY PASTE FACEBOOK.png

On that page that opens, simply copy the url in your browser, then paste it into a post here on the forum. That facebook post will now auto embed in your post!  Like below

Now when someone waste's a helpful tech post where it will get lost and buried on facebook in two days, bring it here and put it in the tech tips section, where it will be seen by and help thousands of other tracer/FJ bowners for years.  Killer pics, funny bike vids.  Just do the above and share it here. 

NOTE: private groups posts will not embed, only members of those groups can see those posts. 

• Thumbsup 2

Reminder, to change theme color, scroll to the bottom of the forum and click on "Theme". You can choose from Dark or light.    I use Dark at home, light at work.