How to post pics and do stuff on the forum

Cruizin

5 hours ago, peporter said:

Yep, I'm having trouble posting a "profile" pic. Seems all of my pics are 1+ mb, and the limit is .49 mb. The question remains "How do we shrink the photo to fit the .49 mb limit?"

I set the size wanted in my camera.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, brewhaha said:

hey @Cruizin the website is now white for me. It used to be black, like 'dark mode'. I looked in all my settings, didn't see anything I could change. just curious. thanks

Look at the very bottom of the main page, click the "Theme" drop down.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, brewhaha said:

hey @Cruizin the website is now white for me. It used to be black, like 'dark mode'. I looked in all my settings, didn't see anything I could change. just curious. thanks

This was covered on page one of this thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are many links in the forum to posts that were made before the new forum format. Those are now all broken, and lead to the generic forum home page. There are a lot of such posts I want to access; I've been searching manually on likely keywords to find them, but this is getting old really fast.
I presume you don't have an automatic way of translating the old URLs automatically? Could you at least publish the formula how to convert an old post URL to the equivalent one on the new Forum? Thanks!

1 hour ago, vic said:

Hi

Is it possible to add images to a PM? I've uploaded pics to a gallery, but can't seem to find the URL to reference the image in a PM.

Vic

press and long hold on the image you want, you’ll get a pop up menu, select “copy URL” then paste this into your PM. I’ve sent you a test message.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 5:42 AM, Cruizin said:

Ok, so we made the big change to the new forum.  And now there is so much new stuff. 

1. Login.   If you were a member before the change, you have to click on 'Forgot Password" first time that you login. The system will then send you an email (check junk folder) and you must click the link in the email and change your password.  Then, login as normal! 

2. Set up your Profile page.  Click on your username at the top right of the forum.  Now, click on "Profile".  From here, you can upload your little "Profile pic" and this is the little pic that goes up nxt to all of your posts. 

Now, upload your Profile's "Cover Photo".  Like Facebook this is the big cover pic that goes at the top of your profile. 

Not done yet! Now, click on "Edit Profile" and turn on "Status Updates". then scroll down and click "Save".

3. What the heck are "Status Updates"?   Its the social media portion of our website. You can post status updates from your profile page and logged in members will see what you posted, displayed on the main forum page.  Place an @ before someone's username and your post will appear on their status update.  You can share pics, you can share posts from the forum, you can share stuff from outside of this website, too. 

4. How to post pics on the forum.  From a new post or Status update, you can upload pics from your device to this website and they will display where you post them. 

In a Post or Status Update, go to the bottom left and click on "Choose Files" , find your desired image on your device and upload it. 

how to post pics.PNG

If your image is already hosted on a website somewhere, just copy the "Share link" and come back here to your new post or status update, and click on "insert other media" and follow the directions to paste in the URL.  This is also where you load Gif's. 

save other media.PNG

More tips coming soon, check back for more! 

Click below to learn how to start your own bike album in Gallery!

Hi, How do I add a "Signature" to my posts as seen others where they've listed previously owned bikes etc? Looked through the menus but can't find any instructions, thanks.

• 7 months later...
  • Supporting Member

@Cruizin - Did the file size just change for posting photos?  Yesterday I noticed the allowable file size was much smaller than normal and today when trying to attach a photo, I keep getting warning telling me the allowable size is 0.44mb.  "Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png · Max total size 0.44MB"

I had to lower the resolution of photos in my phone, and then still had to resize them in windows to the point that they are barely legible and just larger than a thumbnail.

Thanks, Brian

4 hours ago, betoney said:

@Cruizin - Did the file size just change for posting photos?  Yesterday I noticed the allowable file size was much smaller than normal and today when trying to attach a photo, I keep getting warning telling me the allowable size is 0.44mb.  "Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png · Max total size 0.44MB"

I had to lower the resolution of photos in my phone, and then still had to resize them in windows to the point that they are barely legible and just larger than a thumbnail.

Thanks, Brian

Regular members have a limit on how many photos we can host and how much bandwidth we will serve up. Sorry, but pic hosting gets real expensive and Im already footing a heck of a bill ea month. You can go in and delete some older pics to make room. You can also host them somewhere else and come back and post the links here and they will auto populate. 

4 hours ago, betoney said:

Thanks, Brian

I just checked and yeah, you were close to the limit of images that we allow free members to have stored on the servers. I just upped it a little bit for your member group. You can also go into your settings and see all of your uploaded pics/attachments by looking at "my attachments" page, and delete any old or unimportant pics. 

Alternately, you can also go the route of a supporting member subscription and have unlimited pic hosting. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Regular members have a limit on how many photos we can host and how much bandwidth we will serve up. Sorry, but pic hosting gets real expensive and Im already footing a heck of a bill ea month. You can go in and delete some older pics to make room. You can also host them somewhere else and come back and post the links here and they will auto populate. 

Thanks for the info, I didn't know there was an 'account' limit, I had always thought it was limited "per post".

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Alternately, you can also go the route of a supporting member subscription and have unlimited pic hosting. 

Just subscribed. 👍

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...