Jump to content
wordsmith

MOTORCYCLE ROADSIDE ASSIST services

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

One of the benefits of buying a new BMW motorcycle - which I have done many times over the years - was that it came with free (?) two- or three-year Roadside Assist, provided here by global insurance giant Allianz.   I never had to use the service but travelled on two occasions with a couple of other BMWers who did - in one case service was OK, in the other outstanding.   Strangely, both incidents requiring RA occurred in Tasmania.

I miss the feeling of security that RA provides, especially when far from home and am looking at options.   I'd greatly appreciate any views, opinions, experiences, especially from here in Oz.   

Allianz, BTW, has a dreadful reputation (mainly with cars) which must tarnish BMWs own cherished reputation, so I definitely won't be going with them!   I had several unbelievably bad administrative issues with Allianz, but touch wood never had to call on them when in distress.

Edited by wordsmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a Yamaha, more reliable than BMW. But I guess you still could run out of gas or get a flat tire.................

I have AMA roadside assistance and have used it for a broken hub on my trailer,  have never needed for my bikes, but then they are both Yamaha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here in the Colonies we have triple A (American Automobile Association).

If you are a card-carrying member, they provide blanket roadside assistance for any vech you drive.

I've not had to use it on the motorcycle, but it works pretty well for the car. They towed my old Subaru 150 miles for free when she blew the head gasket.

We pay around 120 USD per year for the coverage .

cb

Edited by nhchris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Here in the Colonies we have triple A (American Automobile Association).

If you are a card-carrying member, they provide blanket roadside assistance for any vech you drive.

I've not had to use it on the motorcycle, but it works pretty well for the car. They towed my old Subaru 150 miles for free when she blew the head gasket.

We pay around 120 USD per year for the coverage .

cb

That's really not bad... There's a little extra in our checking account right now. I'll ask what the wife thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, koth442 said:

That's really not bad... There's a little extra in our checking account right now. I'll ask what the wife thinks.

Being a member of AMA offers roadside assistance as well.  $49 a year.

AMA Roadside Assistance: AMA Roadside Assistance covers all of the vehicles in your household including motorcycles, cars, trucks, RVs and trailers. All family members living in your household are covered. Services include towing, lock-out, dead battery, flat tire, fluid delivery and mobile mechanic. Towing services include up to 35 miles to the nearest qualified service facility or to any other location of equal distance at no expense.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, betoney said:

Being a member of AMA offers roadside assistance as well.  $49 a year.

AMA Roadside Assistance: AMA Roadside Assistance covers all of the vehicles in your household including motorcycles, cars, trucks, RVs and trailers. All family members living in your household are covered. Services include towing, lock-out, dead battery, flat tire, fluid delivery and mobile mechanic. Towing services include up to 35 miles to the nearest qualified service facility or to any other location of equal distance at no expense.

Even better! I didn't realize AMA supported automobiles as well. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×