Handlebar vibration

On 8/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, betoney said:

Did you change the alignment to make the caliper reading correct?

I used the Motion Pro alignment tool and then when it was tightened, I double checked with digital caliper and left and right were within 0.02 of each other.  The swingarm marks were off by one full 'tick mark' from side to side.

YES, the bike needs to be cleaned... 😲

image.thumb.png.6488cde656cae94aef61a46ea4b7cfcb.png

Hard to tell but are you missing  the washer under the nut?

• Supporting Member
50 minutes ago, ontheroad said:

No, it is slightly recessed with these axle blocks.  If you look at the 9:00 position of the nut you can clearly see it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 10 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 9:13 PM, WKE002 said:

did 200km yesterday, vibration is there, ordered the Grip Puppies see if helps and next change would be rubber peg. following on the riser if just plug and play or need to adjust cable length. 

however did notice stock left mirror at speed 100-130km, its clear, however on the right mirror its blur due to vibration. came back and tighthen but seems none came loose, not sure if these are common issue or defect on the right mirror. 

This is what I've been experiencing.  I have a thread that explains some of my paranoia.  I thought maybe it was due to the ECU flash.  I also had a new smell that accompanied the flash.  I have since synced the TB (twice).  Checked chain tension and alignment.  I have yet to put real miles on the second TB sync.  But at least I'm not paranoid about the right side being more vibey.  Makes me feel better also that the flash didn't actually do any harm.  I did the second sync about a few days apart bc the first was with an old kit borrowed from a friend.  The second was a brand new kit and I wanted to check the first one.  Result wasn't too bad with the old one, but the new one showed some syncing left to do. I'll leave the smell to the other thread, I guess.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, ontheroad said:

That’s not a good way to measure alignment. You can’t be sure those cast sections of the swing arm a machined equally. A better way is to measure from centre to centre of the swing arm pivot bolt and the axle.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1