Fender Eliminator Advise...(tail tidy).

Im looking to replace that hideous thing that comes from factory. Yeah i know some of you ride in the rain(same here) and is very usefull plus street legal blah blah blah....my issue is that from time to time i will use the oem side cases...my question is which fender eliminator will work that the signal lights will not interfere with the saddlebags?

17 minutes ago, Squid4Life said:

Im looking to replace that hideous thing that comes from factory. Yeah i know some of you ride in the rain(same here) and is very usefull plus street legal blah blah blah....my issue is that from time to time i will use the oem side cases...my question is which fender eliminator will work that the signal lights will not interfere with the saddlebags?

I have just done exactly the above.....

CS

5 hours ago, Squid4Life said:

This one works for side cases and it ships from Rhode island, so you would get it quick. Its for the Tracer 900. Or do you have an FJ-09?

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Lose the over-sized OEM rear fender/plate hanger and shape up your rear-end with the R&G Tail Tidy fender eliminator for your motorcycle. Available now at Twisted Throttle!

23 minutes ago, Squid4Life said:

I got an Fj...im from NYC. Thanks will check the link.

Scratch that idea above, wont work on your FJ. 

I just used our search bar and found numerous past discussions, always remember to search past discussions because the answer to most questions have already been asked and answered.  Check out this link.

If you do a forum search for OEM side cases , there are many threads and options. Most include using the Yosh fender eliminator with smaller LED blinkers. 

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_aprilia_
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Clean up your motorcycle’s rear end with this dazzling laser-cut and LED-lit license plate mount.

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Scratch that idea above, wont work on your FJ. 

I just used our search bar and found numerous past discussions, always remember to search past discussions because the answer to most questions have already been asked and answered.  Check out this link.

If you do a forum search for OEM side cases , there are many threads and options. Most include using the Yosh fender eliminator with smaller LED blinkers. 

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_aprilia_
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Clean up your motorcycle’s rear end with this dazzling laser-cut and LED-lit...

Point taken about the search feature...i only posted bc this forum is pretty slow so imh sometimes questions like this will get the ball rolling. By your logic 95% of the questions here has been asked and anwered but no worries, from now on it will be only search for me anyways

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Squid4Life said:

Point taken about the search feature...i only posted bc this forum is pretty slow so imh sometimes questions like this will get the ball rolling. By your logic 95% of the questions here has been asked and anwered but no worries, from now on it will be only search for me anyways

Thanks

Our answers might be a bit slower than facebook, but our answers are usually more correct. lol 

• Supporting Member

@Squid4Life - I run with the bags on the bike 99% of the time, so just flat-mounting the license plate to the stock assembly & going with the Super Tenere LED signals was all it took to clean up the rear of my FJ.  Obviously, that doesn’t really address your question, however...  

Here’s a really slick idea that a forum member came up with previously.   Basically a sliding assembly for the signals and plate to adjust for the bags being on or off.   Depending on how industrious you’re feeling, it shouldn’t be too hard to replicate the concept: 

• 1 month later...

I always make my own. For this bike I added a piece of cut and shaped aluminium to the factory stalk. Added some bright led's and plate lights as well. The zip ties are there only because I don't trust the tiny plate light bolts.

I'm sure something like this would work with saddle bags.

20190413_223224_HDR.jpg

20190413_223245_HDR.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 4:39 AM, riding_tall said:

I went the Yosh and small LED blinker route. Yosh works well, looks good to me but is a bit pricey for what it is. Works great with my soft bag's and I assume it would work with the hard bags.

IMG_20181020_161557205-small.jpeg.d0896ff270dbf006c2017484008a71c0.jpeg

No diss intended, but this pic amuses me.   I assume the small blinkers and tail tidy are to minimise the untidy appearance of the OE parts, but then he goes and hangs this bloody great shipping container off the back of the bike!   What gives?  Must upset the handling too.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Wow, that is a BIG top case!!

Here's my question (for all you folks running top cases....)

Given the FJ is by nature already light in the front end and speed restricted as a result, why make the situation worse by adding a top case waaay back behind the rear wheel where its effect will be amplified? 

Seems like that's asking for trouble in the form of head-shake and increased instability at speed.

Correct?

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

That photo is very deceptive due to the angle it has been taken at. Just compare the apparent sizes of the front and rear wheels and you’ll see that the distortion makes the topbox appear massive.

But, you’re correct @nhchris, putting a large load in a  topbox exacerbates the lightness of the front end. Light stuff only in a topbox, heavier items as low and forwards as possible in side bags/panniers is best.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

1 hour ago, BBB said:

That photo is very deceptive due to the angle it has been taken at.

Maybe - but when loaded... and if you look at the overhang of the top-box on the rear it is not too deceptive.   However, diff'rent folks, diff'rent strokes...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I ride solo most of he time and use a tail bag across the pillion seat when touring these days. Keeps the load over or ahead of rear wheel center and gives me a backrest too, which is nice.

On a recent ride the bag sagged over the tail light and my riding buddy  alerted me to the fact that my brake light was covered up. Not Good!

My profile pic to the upper left shows the bag I use. It's not waterproof unfortunately, and everything in it got soaked during one rain-infested ride last fall.

I'm thinking of trying one of these , but the capacity seems rather small at 12" by 28" given the price.

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Archived