Riders over 6ft/190cm, what windscreen do you use?

Husqy

22 minutes ago, betoney said:

I think you will notice a huge difference without a wind screen.  My brother has a Honda 919 naked bike with no screen and when we ride together we always swap bikes throughout the day, the difference between the 2 bikes is very noticeable.

I cant say that I share the same feelings with you about wind buffeting though, having your head shake around like a rag doll makes a ride miserable and will wear you out very quickly.

What screen do you have?

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, andz said:

What screen do you have?

I adapted a Puig touring screen from my previous Gen II FZ1.  I had to drill new mounting holes and made wind spoilers for each side from ABS plastic.  The top of the screen is 8" above the top of the instrument gauge. 

I get moderate wind noise while on the highway but nothing uncomfortable with or without earplugs, and no buffeting.

image.thumb.png.de1157b2cabe78f4a28f0be8cab0c528.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 6:33 AM, SGR91 said:

6'5" , 34" inseam...Stock was terrible, I took the stock off and it was mehhh for a bit, so I got the Puig touring screen.

The buffeting is pretty bad and I had to put earplugs in to stop myself from blowing out my eardrums on the highway, but it's a ton better than stock...Honestly, the worst part about ALL the screens I've tried so far is the front end shake/wobble that i get no matter what when i'm driving on a highway or above 45mph with cars around me. It's like the turbulent air from other vehicles is shoving my handlebars back and forth. The wind knocks into my chest and the resulting wobble is honestly terrifying lol. I had an Aprilia Tuono Factory and a Ducati Monster before this, both had basically no windscreen...both went 100mph+ with cars around and neither ever shook. I'm beginning to think someone was drunk or asleep when they did the aerodynamics testing on this bike at the factory. 

Has anyone else experienced this wobble from the wind smashing into your chest? I need to figure out how to fix this, I don't feel comfortable taking the girl or myself for long rides on this until it's fixed. - Thanks

Did you ever fix this?   I also am experiencing the same not sure what to do. Have an mra windscreen. New road 5 tires. Suspension is all set best I can with stock.  I’m really just not sure what else to try. 

• 1 year later...

I use a Slipscreens Sport Touring screen and being shorter and wider than the OEM screem it reduced the buffeting significantly  https://www.slipscreens.co.uk/product/yam-mt09-tracer-sports-touring-screen/

I did back to back to back comparisons between the OEM screen, the Slipscreen Sport Touring screen and the Slipcreen Sports Screen 12" to come to this outcome.

I did Dremel out a little more of the side cutout to clear the handlebar on full turn but that was a simple job.

Cheers

Stephen

• Thumbsup 1

• 5 months later...