Garuda : ) Tracer GT simple mods so far

Hey i though it was time i give something back for all the helpful advice i been getting from the forums so far. So i thought i will list up stuff i have done to the bike and prolly do small write ups on pros and cons and what to watch out, if its worth it etc as time goes by. 

The steed is coming along nicely for the 2019 trips  the more warm days with rain in it means the time you spend in garage goes up. Dayum, I almost feel like a bike show kind of guy. No miles all styles 

large.7C56FD9E-911A-4A64-A116-CE00AE89C4

First thing gone, giant pumpkin blinkers : Yamaha led blinker / tried eBay one first of course. Not bright at all to be unsafe lvl 

Short MRA screen : clean air > buffet or barn door

evotech rad guard 

functional eBay CNc mirror : again smaller foot print size and reduced wind buffeting in the cockpit 

Chinese fake Powerbronze adv beak. Not fitted for GT, with some minor tweaking and adjusting it fit. 

Finally most expensive crap for the bike I spend, yoshimura full system. Guilt of wasting money melted away after a short rip around the local area. Now bike sounds like a tRRrRipple  

since weather is no where improving I thing I will continue to tweak and mod. So far haven’t touched any vital and important stuff of bike. Gonna keep all those oem intact like the suspension and stuff which is working wonderful for my puny weight. 

Going to rebadge that awful “goo” logo then put on crash protection and couple of aux lights and I am done  

gonna call him Garuda after a character from Indian mythology hehe

A896C175-7C65-492D-BF9C-B078E878E456.thu

(angry bird was more appropriate but don’t have a personalized name to it 😂)

• Thumbsup 4

35 minutes ago, joe72t said:

You've been busy!

I kind of like the beak.  Looks like the colour matches pretty well.  Can you post the info link on where you bought it from?  Cost?

ty

The gloss just make it appear like that on the pic, it’s different matte color finish.  honestly it’s not a perfect fitment. Gaps in between etc if your stickler for that you won’t like it. Just for a difference you can try it. :) 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123293908966

nice. I am not a huge fan of the beak, but if you like it, go for it! I've done a bunch of mods to my GT as well, and there is nothing better than personalizing it to make it yours :D I think I am up to 22-ish mods/changes so far

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same MRA screen - and absolutely love it, but for the life of me, I cannot get the edging to stay on.

I contacted MRA customer support in Germany and they said to glue it on. That seems like a cheesy solution that could get real messy.

What was your solution?

Rob

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

I have the same MRA screen - and absolutely love it, but for the life of me, I cannot get the edging to stay on.

I contacted MRA customer support in Germany and they said to glue it on. That seems like a cheesy solution that could get real messy.

What was your solution?

Rob

Rob, I have a slightly taller MRA screen on my GT and I didn't bother trying to install the edge piping; just left it off and never looked back.  Works very well for me.

MRA.3.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

6 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

What was your solution?

Rob

ton of patience and lot of elbow grease. And after a week it slowly starting to come off on one particular tricky curvy section. Rest is holding up. 

21 hours ago, RBW01 said:

Looking good!

Will LED turn sigs plug right into the system and function properly with the OEM flasher and indicators?

led flasher need either a resistor or change the led flasher relay to have the correct  "blink rate" , i think thats what it  called. 

this is on the fz09 

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, whistler said:

Rob, I have a slightly taller MRA screen on my GT and I didn't bother trying to install the edge piping; just left it off and never looked back.  Works very well for me.

MRA.3.jpeg

I have also left mine off. Would like to "polish" or smooth the edges a bit as they look unfinished. 

I'm thinking some light buffing wheel on a Dremel would do the trick, but not sure it's worth the bother.

Rob

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

I have also left mine off. Would like to "polish" or smooth the edges a bit as they look unfinished. 

I'm thinking some light buffing wheel on a Dremel would do the trick, but not sure it's worth the bother.

Rob

Substitute that light buffing time for a nice road trip that pays you in "miles of big smiles."   😉

• Thumbsup 2
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)