Can't get my mirrors tight

mellow

On 9/30/2020 at 9:14 AM, draco_1967 said:

I got so tired of my mirrors coming out of adjustment on the highway. I switched to some bar-end mirrors by CRG with a Rottweiler mount. I found a set used for a good price (about half of what they are new). There is a knock-off version on fleabay that does not have the quick rotate mechanism, but the price is right ($20-40). 

They easily fold out of the way when parking/filtering, they hold their position, and they let me see a lot more than just my arms/shoulders. As an added bonus, I get much cleaner air around the windscreen. The stock mirrors created a lot of turbulence.

KTdu-Hf2H4geg6rVo08mt4jSrg2ngg7gjNSTlNYs

I have the rottweiler mirrors on my Tenere 700 mounted to the metal Barkbuster hand guards. How did you mount them to the plastic Tracer hand guards? On outside of the plastic hand guard or inside? appreciate any info. I do like the mirrors a lot on the Tenere 700. My Tracer mirrors won't stop moving.

17 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I have the rottweiler mirrors on my Tenere 700 mounted to the metal Barkbuster hand guards. How did you mount them to the plastic Tracer hand guards? On outside of the plastic hand guard or inside? appreciate any info. I do like the mirrors a lot on the Tenere 700. My Tracer mirrors won't stop moving.

I mounted them inside, but I used a little block of HDPE to fill in the gap on the inside of the handguards. I needed some longer bolts as well, but I had some in my stash that worked perfectly. I'll try to get a better picture of the spacer. 

M72MkzcnNk-IMsq6y4SJFPxA9cLysnirDDI75QkU

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

I tightened my knuckle joint with a sharp rap with an awl and small hammer.....tightened up the joint noticeably, is barely visible, and works.  I touched up the strike with a black Sharpie.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it another go.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 3 years later...

I purchased a used 2019 Tracer and have a similar problem with the mirrors, especially the left one. A mechanic where I got the bike has a thin wall 10mm that fits the hole with a little tap. Even when tightening the nut, the mirror still moves. I've decided to buy some high quality aftermarket mirrors.