FARKLING MY NEW AUSTRALIAN 2019 TRACER GT

I suggested something you had already done so I'll just ask a question.  I've known several Aussies during my life and y' all's speech pattern sounds a little different to my Texas ears.  My question is....does your Tracer sound different too?  Asking for a friend.  LOL!

Edited by Coop
dumb

1 hour ago, Coop said:

I suggested something you had already done so I'll just ask a question.  I've known several Aussies during my life and y' all's speech pattern sounds a little different to my Texas ears.  My question is....does your Tracer sound different too?  Asking for a friend.  LOL!

Yes indeedy - my Tracer definitely sounds different - to my BMW GS...!

Do you mean that the individual's speech pattern from person to person differ noticeably from one another?   Or ...?

There are very, very few regional speech differences here, unlike - say - in your country or the UK.   A handful of words is pronounced a bit differently between two given places, but that's about all.   Another handful of terms differ between localities - f'rinstance a pot of beer vs a schooner or a middy for the same size.   I've been here 50 years and still don't know what's what in a given State when ordering a beer!

Keep 'em coming!   

'

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, wordsmith said:

f'rinstance a pot of beer vs a schooner or a middy for the same size.   I've been here 50 years and still don't know what's what in a given State when ordering a beer!

Keep 'em coming!  

It doesn't matter what they are called as long as the bartender understands - 'nuther one, please.  😎

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, chitown said:

I lived in and worked in Olympia for awhile. Loved it until time changed in the fall and someone turned the spigot on.

Agreed, but the weather is the price we pay for the magnificent Pacific Northwest scenery and terrain.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 minutes ago, betoney said:

Agreed, but the weather is the price we pay for the magnificent Pacific Northwest scenery and terrain.

I understand completely.  We have to deal with weird weather to enjoy all those twisty roads.

20190518_103457sm.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 4