Rox Risers Question

MartyP

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, MartyP said:

Hi All,

I want to raise my handle bars and the Rox riser looks good to me. Two questions. 1. what diameter is the handlebar? 2. Will the cables be long enough for the riser? Thanks

The handlebars are 1-1/8" and yes the risers will fit but the brake line has to be removed from a bracket to allow enough slack.  Trace the brake line down and you will find where it is attached to the bottom triple clamp.

One other option that is popular with FJ/Tracer owners is Helibar Risers.

heli_bars_risers_yamaha_fj0920152017.jpg

Move your bars up and closer to you with a machined aluminum bar clamp...

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I had the HeliBars on my 2015.  After a few months I decided I preferred the slightly more forward position and removed it.  Good quality component though, no complaints.

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• 2 weeks later...

the heli bars for fj 09 don't work for the new tracer, as i was told by heli bars. they are located in maine not too far from me so i have dropped off my bike to them so that they can develop risers that work with tracer. i assume if it can be done they will be able to have them for sale this coming year.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:49 AM, harraseeket said:

i have dropped off my bike to them so that they can develop risers that work with tracer.

Thank you so much for letting them have your bike for a while harraseeket.  I hear their products are excellent and I'll be ordering a set as soon as they're available.

Edited by magnatic

i was quite impressed with their set up. and in cornish maine of all places, go figure.

i knew they were well known in this country, but if i heard them right, their biggest market is europe.

they are also expanding in to complete bar and riser systems, they had prototype system there for a goldwing that allowed complete adjustability with handle orientation . seems like with the aging demographics of the motorcycle industry, and comfort becoming more important to us old guys ( a concept that was alien to us ) this business should be growing

I called them today to get an idea of how long it will take before the risers are in production.  At first, she seemed surprised I knew they had a GT in their shop :)  Then she said that the risers could be ready in as little as a month, depending on a few factors.  I'm sure you'll be the first to know so please keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/25/2020 at 11:14 AM, MartyP said:

Rox Risers don't fit the GT :(  

What is the fit issue on the GT?  I've got a 2019 GT & looking for a good riser solution.

I have a 2019 Tracer and the Rox risers fit like a glove. I did have to move some cables around to make it work , but it fits me better now. Just waiting  on my Bagster seat to get here any then add MCcruise  later this summer

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 4:44 PM, showmerider said:

I have a 2019 Tracer and the Rox risers fit like a glove. I did have to move some cables around to make it work , but it fits me better now. Just waiting  on my Bagster seat to get here any then add MCcruise  later this summer

My dealer could not get the rox risers to fit. 

I know  the wires were a tight fit and I had to relocate several wire/cables so if they made any thing anything shorter from the factory he could have some problems,  but then again  the dealer might not of went through  the effort of moving things around, because  mine fits just fine. Good luck!