Rim tape ???

• Supporting Member

I agree with you on the side panel decal - dont like it.

The wheel stripes look good, it gives saparation from the black/black of the rim and tire  but I am not a fan of lettering on bike graphics, but thats just me.  I think (again, just my opinion) a solid red rim stripe that matches the red on the tank would look nice.

I like small accents but think less is more, like the blacked out TRACER emblem, I think a brushed aluminum or silver would look great on the flat black.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Cheers Betoney,  Rim tape will stay for now. It's a bit red for my liking. Enjoying the black and grey.

I am all for making it unique and making it "your own", something to make it stand out from the masses.  There are 20,000 red FJ's out there (I don't know the actual number) but none of them look exactly like mine.  😎👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2019 at 6:04 AM, Dodgy Knees said:

Had these for a while,  thought I'd stick them on. Better or worse, I ain't sure.

20191231_134903.jpg

20191231_135116.jpg

20191231_135126.jpg

20191231_134839.jpg

20191231_134849.jpg

Your vinyl wrapped white side panels look great! I may just have to steal this idea hahaha.

2 hours ago, i_ride45 said:

Your vinyl wrapped white side panels look great! I may just have to steal this idea hahaha.

IIRC his are Plastidipped.  I vinyl wrapped mine, though, and it looks largely identical - though I removed the badging before wrapping, and honestly I regret that because the blacked out raised TRACER lettering on the front panels looks pretty good.  

I'd recommend plastidip vs. wrapping, however.  Those panels are significantly more difficult to wrap than you'd imagine. 

Wrapped: 

wrapped.thumb.jpg.690bb011a0a45f4c9eaaf187fa71258e.jpg

Edited by Wintersdark

• Supporting Member
On 1/1/2020 at 1:37 AM, Dodgy Knees said:

It did get a bit silly on side panels so removed those. Reflects light aswel. Gonna leave on rims for now.

Honest comments appreciated...No cotton wool here.  🤭

FWIW I personally like the look.  I agree that a bit of accent here and there lifts the overall look and gives some contrast to an otherwise 'same colour' canvas.

I'm a bit biased in that regard though and of course, each to their own.

20200528_133420.thumb.jpg.598b04072da6b96edcba64750b143428.jpg

12 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

FWIW I personally like the look.  I agree that a bit of accent here and there lifts the overall look and gives some contrast to an otherwise 'same colour' canvas.

I'm a bit biased in that regard though and of course, each to their own.

20200528_133420.thumb.jpg.598b04072da6b96edcba64750b143428.jpg

See, I like that look. I'd do it to mine but I hate cleaning wheels and they get dirty all the time.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Reflective red rim tape, short amber led straps on the side panels, and red led strip on the back edge of the Shad top case rack,s super bright led turn running light bulbs front and rear (replaced reason with oem fronts), driving lights, headlight modulator, X Blaster Tai light and a (2nd) low tone Fiam pancake horn.  Can you say conspicuous?

20180603_190227.jpg

I like the reflective wheel rim tape. Anything that adds to your visibility, especially in the evenings, is a great safety addition. I had them on my previous bikes and the FJ i just bought came with them on.