new BMW 900's vs Tracer/ GT

Owned 2 BMW's 800s and 800gs, won't own another one! Cost of servicing and faults, steering head bearings, wheel bearings, lambda sensors, peeling engine paint etc,etc.

I will stick with the GT and that engine😃

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, Coop said:

So, what I'm seeing here is that BMW has given up on designing a final drive that won't spill it's guts on the highway regularly. 

To be fair, more than one member of this forum has snapped a chain which then punched a big nasty hole in the engine. 

• Thumbsup 1

33 minutes ago, keithu said:

To be fair, more than one member of this forum has snapped a chain which then punched a big nasty hole in the engine. 

True but at least with a chain you can see what's going on, unlike shaft! and trust me the original chain on my 800gs was the cheapest crap I have ever seen! Scotoiler and meticulous maintenance and it was scrap at 12,000 miles, replacement 30,000 miles and still ok when I sold it.

I mostly just use BMW's to tease Harley riders.  I see some guys at breakfast wearing Harley gear and I have to ask them if they are riding those beautiful BMW's  outside.  I also like to offer them ear plugs, but they are good natured folk and we all get a grin. 

• 4 weeks later...