Rear fender extender.

GTO MIKE

1 hour ago, rlambke19 said:

I have the hugger replacement - I did have some fitment issues - to  the point where I removed it temporarily.

@dpippin - when was this? I might reach out to PP and ask them about the "new" version.

Thanks

Rob

If you do contact Pyramid with your problem please post up results or PM me as I considering the 072447M rear hugger once they have their rework done!

9 minutes ago, dpippin said:

If you do contact Pyramid with your problem please post up results or PM me as I considering the 072447M rear hugger once they have their rework done!

I will for sure - since I've hijacked this thread, I will contact you via PM.

Thanks

Rob

17 hours ago, dpippin said:

I contacted them and they will be shipping me the two new brackets that support the hugger. The hugger itself hasn't changed. Honestly, this is why I support these companies. I'm sure you can find a knock-off version on Ali Express or whatever, but you wouldn't get this kind of customer service or attention to detail when making things right.

It was funny as I went back to the message I sent them almost exactly a year ago where I had asked them about fastening the hugger down and being afraid of it cracking! 

Rob

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, rlambke19 said:

I contacted them and they will be shipping me the two new brackets that support the hugger. The hugger itself hasn't changed. Honestly, this is why I support these companies. I'm sure you can find a knock-off version on Ali Express or whatever, but you wouldn't get this kind of customer service or attention to detail when making things right.

It was funny as I went back to the message I sent them almost exactly a year ago where I had asked them about fastening the hugger down and being afraid of it cracking! 

Rob

That's great customer support. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Rob

That's great.  Maybe that's the fix they told me they were working on and I'll be able to get the Pyramid 072447M rear hugger soon.

• Thumbsup 3

• 4 weeks later...

I fixed Pyramid fender extender and hugger extender. I used the recommended glue that they trumpeted as fit for the job without needing rivets. Well guess what, hugger extender fell off after only a few weeks so I was forced to use the rivets. Thankfully it stayed in position because the forward motion of the wheel kept it in place when it detached itself. My view is to take the “belt and braces” approach and use glue as well as rivets. 

1 hour ago, Paddy01 said:

I fixed Pyramid fender extender and hugger extender. I used the recommended glue that they trumpeted as fit for the job without needing rivets. Well guess what, hugger extender fell off after only a few weeks so I was forced to use the rivets. Thankfully it stayed in position because the forward motion of the wheel kept it in place when it detached itself. My view is to take the “belt and braces” approach and use glue as well as rivets. 

Did you take off fender and rear guard? I had big rubber covered clamps I used on mine and they are on to stay. Left clamped for a day before reinstalling.

• Thumbsup 1

I just saw this thread after i ordered a 072447M hugger from Motorcycle Parts Warehouse in the UK a couple days ago. I wonder what the chances are that i will get an early or later improved hugger. I guess i'll find out when it arrives. 

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Just now, metallion said:

I just saw this thread after i ordered a 072447M hugger from Motorcycle Parts Warehouse in the UK a couple days ago. I wonder what the chances are that i will get an early or later improved hugger. I guess i'll find out when it arrives. 

According to Pyramid Plastics, it's the same hugger, just with an extra bracket or two to support it better.

I bought mine last year and they are sending me the brackets free-of-charge, so if you don't get them, I would contact them and let them know and I'm sure they'll make it right. I find them to be very responsive via FB Messenger.

Rob

• Thumbsup 1

Thank you Rob. I will check for the brackets when it arrives. I just emailed MPW where i ordered it from but they are very close to closing time for the weekend over in the UK.   

Mike

Edited by metallion
  • Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

6 hours ago, metallion said:

Thank you Rob. I will check for the brackets when it arrives. I just emailed MPW where i ordered it from but they are very close to closing time for the weekend over in the UK.   

Mike

This thread was hijacked . The extender I put on was just that, to extend on to the original .The total replacement is the problem one that required the braces or the newer model redo. Just to be clear. !

MIKE

Edited by GTO MIKE
added a letter I missed
  • Thumbsup 2

After reading thru the discussion good ideas on rear extensions.  Looking into it to maybe keep my tail a bit cleaner.  Is the Tracer GT more susceptible to dirt than other bikes?  Have a number of day long rides in the rain and the dirt and grime gets everywhere.  In June rode thru Utah and southern Wyoming in heavy rain.  All the dirt and grime on the road really coated my bike.  LOL when washing the wheels there was so much dirt on them it was like mud!  Hugger does seem to be very short, more like my Kawasaki ZX6R 636 tether than a sport touring bike.

2 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

After reading thru the discussion good ideas on rear extensions.  Looking into it to maybe keep my tail a bit cleaner.  Is the Tracer GT more susceptible to dirt than other bikes?  Have a number of day long rides in the rain and the dirt and grime gets everywhere.  In June rode thru Utah and southern Wyoming in heavy rain.  All the dirt and grime on the road really coated my bike.  LOL when washing the wheels there was so much dirt on them it was like mud!  Hugger does seem to be very short, more like my Kawasaki ZX6R 636 tether than a sport touring bike.

Yeah short of having a full rear fender your going to get crud.Nature of the beast,a sport bike convert to sporting tour bike.

Edited by GTO MIKE
Add letter

I do lie the sport bike converted to sporting touring bike.  :-)  Often wished for a ZX6R with a more upright position, sidecases and a better windscreen.  The Tracer comes very close, looking for an extension so far without much success.