Rear fender extender.

GTO MIKE

Got the Pyramid rear fender extender on . Super easy to put together and install. Great product ! First pic is sticky tapes on with the before peel off of waxy covering. Second together and installed on 3rd  pic .Nice 

MIKE

0807202030_HDR.jpg

0808200954_HDR.jpg

0808201005_Burst01.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tango said:

I like it Mike...

You just used the sticky tape?

Yep this is some super sticky rubber not foam so it should hold up. Comes with plastic rivets if you want to use .there was enough left over sticky to use again if needed. 

Pyramid Plastics.

After a ride through torrential rain today in Sussex, lots of crap washed into the road (nearly dropped it once on a downhill corner with rubbish washed across the road, somehow managed to hold it upright 🤥)

Bike was spotless before this ride, 130 miles done from delivery on a very dry hot day, so don't know how bad it would have been without the hugger.

Fender extender has done a much better job, radiator was still clean.

IMG_20200818_154327178.jpg

IMG_20200818_154333799.jpg

19 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Where are you guys sourcing these rear huggers from?

I had to order right from the pyramid plastics web sight and from the UK so it took a little while but I feel worth the wait.

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks. I found one on Revzilla that will fit and extends 4.5 inches over stock.  $65.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I bought the actual replacement hugger from Pyramid and like it. It definitely offered more protection from spray than the stock one. It's a lot more $ than the extender and in hindsight maybe I should have gone that route. I have the front fender extender but haven't installed it yet.

PP is a great company to deal with - as are most of the other UK-based companies I have dealt with - EvoTech and Speedo Angels to name a few. Worth the extra $ to get the real deal imo. Not interested in the rip-off copies that you can find elsewhere.

Rob    

• Thumbsup 1

MotoMachines in Virginia sells Pyramid products

There is a replacement hugger available for the Tracer GT

I've had on on order however there was a problem with a few units breaking at the attaching point. I contacted Pyramid and they told me this;

Yes we have since bought our own Tracer in to complete the fix for this part (as it proved more tricky than we'd expected) and we are close to having a solution.
We hope to have it sorted and back on the market within the next 4 weeks - you will see it appear back on our website as soon as it's ready 👍

• Thumbsup 1

44 minutes ago, dpippin said:

MotoMachines in Virginia sells Pyramid products

There is a replacement hugger available for the Tracer GT

I've had on on order however there was a problem with a few units breaking at the attaching point. I contacted Pyramid and they told me this;

Yes we have since bought our own Tracer in to complete the fix for this part (as it proved more tricky than we'd expected) and we are close to having a solution.
We hope to have it sorted and back on the market within the next 4 weeks - you will see it appear back on our website as soon as it's ready 👍

That is the stock replacement for the original hugger.The piece I put on was the extension on the original hugger. Totally different.

• Thumbsup 1

4 minutes ago, GTO MIKE said:

That is the stock replacement for the original hugger.The piece I put on was the extension on the original hugger. Totally different.

The Pyramid 072447M rear hugger is a replacement for the OEM that extends the length of the original hugger by 6 inches (152mm).  The 072446 hugger extension is 5 inches (130mm) longer.

So the 072447M rear hugger replacement offers more protection.

2 hours ago, dpippin said:

The Pyramid 072447M rear hugger is a replacement for the OEM that extends the length of the original hugger by 6 inches (152mm).  The 072446 hugger extension is 5 inches (130mm) longer.

So the 072447M rear hugger replacement offers more protection.

I have the hugger replacement - I did have some fitment issues - to  the point where I removed it temporarily.

@dpippin - when was this? I might reach out to PP and ask them about the "new" version.

Thanks

Rob

3 hours ago, GTO MIKE said:

Probably my bad - I mentioned that I have the full hugger replacement from PP.  Sorry for the thread hi-jack!

54 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

I have the hugger replacement - I did have some fitment issues - to  the point where I removed it temporarily.

@dpippin - when was this? I might reach out to PP and ask them about the "new" version.

Thanks

Rob

Here's the e-mail reply I received from Pyramid on August 19, 2020

Hi Doug,
Regards
Adam
Pyramid
retrieve_image-8a6667de-971a-42a9-b4cc-f0953f4f18c4.png

On Wed, Aug 19 2020, at 03:45 PM, Pyramid Support <2e10pgqjl3mol4j3@emails.gorgias.com>

On Wed, Aug 19 2020, at 03:45 PM, Doug Pippin <doug.pippin@bellsouth.net>
I tried to order a 072447M rear hugger for my 2019 Yamaha Tracer GT through a local dealer.

In July they contacted Pyramid and were told;
"We have sold lots of the 072447M hugger, but a small percentage of them have 'cracked' near the mounting points.
At this point it would be unwise to sell further units until we find the definitive solution to this problem."

I'd still like to get one of these huggers. Can you tell me if you've made the fix and if they are available now.