Hand adjuster tool for preload/comp/rebound on front shocks?

Clegg78

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Thanks, I had no idea the number you posted was the part number.  I appreciate it.  👍  I'll pick one up tomorrow.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, betoney said:

Thanks, I had no idea the number you posted was the part number.  I appreciate it.  👍  I'll pick one up tomorrow.

I try...

BTW, I can't tell if those now available have a 1/4" hex socket on one end and 1/4" square dive on the other side, like mine does... I also have a couple 1/4" sq drv reversible thumb ratchets

No one even tried to guess what the special bit fits on the FJ/MT/XSR and prolly most new Yamahas...

• Supporting Member
48 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

BTW, I can't tell if those now available have a 1/4" hex socket on one end and 1/4" square dive on the other side, like mine does... I also have a couple 1/4" sq drv reversible thumb ratchets

Not a deal breaker if it doesn't have a square drive on the other end, I already have a micro ratchet driver with square drive on one end and hex on the other.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

16 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

Looks great, one last thought.  To help user count clicks of adjustment, could you number the what 12 points, similar to clock?  Just as an aid to visually measuring rotation.  Thks,

PS.  Offer in different languages, incl Roman numerals,  japanese,etc.  Could go global!

For proper Yamaha adjustment need the Japanese version.  Charge a premium!

ROFL   Thats a lot!  

• Thumbsup 1

Hey guys,  So I printed a handful of these in Glass reinforced engineering grade blue Nylon  -  Should be super durable and temperature stable even in the hottest weather.   And its blue to stand out if you do drop it. 

Since I don't have a website up yet to sell these, I figure I will put these 5 up for sale here if anyone wants them.   I can ship them this week anywhere in the US for $9 each if you are interested.  DM me. 

Pic of them - they are printed pretty coarse to be stronger, they fit the shocks like a glove. 

IMG_2381.jpg

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Hey guys,  So I printed a handful of these in Glass reinforced engineering grade blue Nylon  -  Should be super durable and temperature stable even in the hottest weather.   And its blue to stand out if you do drop it. 

Since I don't have a website up yet to sell these, I figure I will put these 5 up for sale here if anyone wants them.   I can ship them this week anywhere in the US for $9 each if you are interested.  DM me. 

Pic of them - they are printed pretty coarse to be stronger, they fit the shocks like a glove. 

IMG_2381.jpg

PMd U earlier  😀

• Thumbsup 1

Big thanks for this, will print a couple out when I get home.  Currently using a small carabiner I printed in PETG for my Garmin retainer.  Not the easiest to undo but has worked perfectly even when I rode all day yesterday in 95F weather.  PLA+ stuff in my tank bag has done well and think PLA+ would be good enough unless you are putting it somewhere it will see a lot of heat.  The nylon one you are selling are really nice though and may have to get one of them for the cool factor 😁 I like the blue.

• Thumbsup 1

On 9/4/2020 at 1:38 PM, Clegg78 said:

Hey everyone, I got this uploaded to Thingiverse!  Feel free to download and give it a print, I put notes on the print settings and such I recommend. 

thingiverse-avatar-4_3.png

I designed a small hand tool that is light, compact, and easily...

Thx a lot for the files

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Big thanks for this, will print a couple out when I get home.  Currently using a small carabiner I printed in PETG for my Garmin retainer.  Not the easiest to undo but has worked perfectly even when I rode all day yesterday in 95F weather.  PLA+ stuff in my tank bag has done well and think PLA+ would be good enough unless you are putting it somewhere it will see a lot of heat.  The nylon one you are selling are really nice though and may have to get one of them for the cool factor 😁 I like the blue.

Yup, PLA+ is probably fine for a lot of places like jacket pockets, and such.  I would be hesitant to keep it under the seat on hot days, it wont melt completely but could be soft enough to distort when you try to use it. 

Printed out a couple - with and without the hole>  LOL now I can't find the one without the hole so here is a pic of the one with the hole.  They turned out very nicely - pic doesn't do it justice, I haven't perfected printing in PETG so could be a bit better.  While on Thingverse found an oil filter tool, printed one of those as well, Ive always used a big pair of pliers but a tow will be very nice.  It is also PETG with 60% triangle infill.

Big thanks to Clegg78!

IMG_1885.thumb.jpg.2a533185281bb82a3c97e25f93c36961.jpg

IMG_1884.thumb.jpg.1851e82da1f4066611b591b7d9bfd489.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

19 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Printed out a couple - with and without the hole>  LOL now I can't find the one without the hole so here is a pic of the one with the hole.  They turned out very nicely - pic doesn't do it justice, I haven't perfected printing in PETG so could be a bit better.  While on Thingverse found an oil filter tool, printed one of those as well, Ive always used a big pair of pliers but a tow will be very nice.  It is also PETG with 60% triangle infill.

Big thanks to Clegg78!

Awesome!   and I saw your "make" on thingiverse, and I purposely designed the slot for the comp/rebound to be a tight fit, so it stays on when you take your hand off. 

I do dig that oil filter wrenchI may need to print one of those myself.

Edited by Clegg78

Hey guys, everyone who sent me an order for one of the tools, they shipped today and should be do you on Tue or Wed it seems.   I am doing a final packing to head out for a 7-8 days on the bike around the southwest on Monday, when I get back I will be working on getting a website up to actually formalize the sales process for these :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Clegg78 said:

Awesome!   and I saw your "make" on thingiverse, and I purposely designed the slot for the comp/rebound to be a tight fit, so it stays on when you take your hand off. 

I do dig that oil filter wrenchI may need to print one of those myself.

Hey if the filter wrench is made out of the same stuff you made the adjusters out of Count Me In too thanks for the update on shipping