Hand adjuster tool for preload/comp/rebound on front shocks?

Clegg78

1 hour ago, smckenzie said:

Great idea! Any chance you would be interested in making one for sale?

Yep, I am realllllllly lazy about getting a website going... I have it partially designed, but the interest in sitting in front of my PC any more than I do right now is slowing things down right now :)

My goal is to get my 3D printing site with all the small tools/gizmos I've designed for motorcycles, photography, backpacking, etc... up and listed by sometime in October.   Once I want to stay inside more.    jk3d.us is going to be the domain (currently it redirects to my personal blog).  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

20200904_110926.jpg

Bret, I really like that round bit driver on the right.  I had something like that many years ago for air screw adjustment on my dirtbike, but the bits weren't interchangeable.  Any idea what this is called so I can do a Google search?

Thanks

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

Yep, I am realllllllly lazy about getting a website going... I have it partially designed, but the interest in sitting in front of my PC any more than I do right now is slowing things down right now :)

My goal is to get my 3D printing site with all the small tools/gizmos I've designed for motorcycles, photography, backpacking, etc... up and listed by sometime in October.   Once I want to stay inside more.    jk3d.us is going to be the domain (currently it redirects to my personal blog).  

Brilliant, want one. 

Cheers Edgar Jessop

Hey everyone, I got this uploaded to Thingiverse!  Feel free to download and give it a print, I put notes on the print settings and such I recommend. 

thingiverse-avatar-4_3.png

I designed a small hand tool that is light, compact, and easily...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Supporting Member

Here in Edmonton our local library system will print whatever file they are sent for the cost of materials.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 hour ago, knyte said:

Here in Edmonton our local library system will print whatever file they are sent for the cost of materials.

This part should cost a couple bucks in material at the most for run of the mill PETG or PLA+ (higher temp PLA) 

• Premium Member

ok, 1 suggestion if possible to do:  have some way to attach a keyfob/lanyard/"remove for flight" tag to it.

Looking at picture of it sitting on top of fork it's just asking to fall into the netherworlds of fairing/frame/engine void.

Unless you make another mold as tool to easily remove the fairings and sell that one separately!  😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikerbiker said:

ok, 1 suggestion if possible to do:  have some way to attach a keyfob/lanyard/"remove for flight" tag to it.

Looking at picture of it sitting on top of fork it's just asking to fall into the netherworlds of fairing/frame/engine void.

Unless you make another mold as tool to easily remove the fairings and sell that one separately!

😄

I plan to stick it under the seat, shouldn't ride with it on, I wouldn't think. Or keep it in a tank bag. 

• Thumbsup 1

24 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

Unless you make another mold as tool to easily remove the fairings and sell that one separately!  😄

I can easily put a hole in it for a lanyard, but you are NOT supposed to leave this on the forks when riding.   Just put it in your pocket, or under your seat.    I didn't put a lanyard loop in it just cause I didn't think it was needed, but I can see it falling into the chassis if you weren't careful.  I posted one with the hole in it on Thingiverse for ya!

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1

42 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

I had the file open so I just added a hole quick and uploaded it, there should be 2 files now on Thingiverse (the CDN/Caching they use is VERY slow to update, so it may take a few hours for the changes to show up).  

2020-09-04_13-33-02.jpg

Edited by Clegg78

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

I didn't put a lanyard loop in it just cause I didn't think it was needed, but I can see it falling into the chassis if you weren't careful.

Maybe print it in fluorescent orange, so it is easy to find. 😄

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Clegg78 said:

I had the file open so I just added a hole quick and uploaded it, there should be 2 files now on Thingiverse (the CDN/Caching they use is VERY slow to update, so it may take a few hours for the changes to show up).  

2020-09-04_13-33-02.jpg

Woohoo, dibs on partial royalties!!

My lawyer's reviewing the contracts now.  I get paid for the value of the added empty space, plus material cost!  And I reduced its weight too.  Ka-ching... $$$

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Looks great, one last thought.  To help user count clicks of adjustment, could you number the what 12 points, similar to clock?  Just as an aid to visually measuring rotation.  Thks,

PS.  Offer in different languages, incl Roman numerals,  japanese,etc.  Could go global!

For proper Yamaha adjustment need the Japanese version.  Charge a premium!

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, betoney said:

Bret, I really like that round bit driver on the right.  I had something like that many years ago for air screw adjustment on my dirtbike, but the bits weren't interchangeable.  Any idea what this is called so I can do a Google search?

Thanks

I provided the Craftsman PN here's one link

https://www.ebay.com/p/2255312781

Get a new copy at Lowe's with bits & 1/4" adapter!

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiQqZXm-NDrAhXFwMAKHVzkDT0YABATGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD29y9qrqZra787Zdisu7rIpVDaZkhM0lOOY-e8Crj35ylTRFi0Z1XlsnD8Ylz5rI64K3X26NF_9ctGdW1SiAU&sig=AOD64_3lCB6pA62NttBtzvBW5VZWMPbuGQ&ctype=46&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiW-Ivm-NDrAhVRXK0KHRC4DgQQ9aACegQIDBBH&adurl=

• Thanks 1