Ideas for Niken accessories

maximNikenGT

Yes seats are a straight swap.  Fitted the cha-ching Yamaha mudflaps, so will post a photo of the cheapo and the maybe better looking pricey option side to side.  The flap performance is the same. 

Put muffs on the handlebars, so replaced the front brake master cylinder with an MT10 one so that I could fit MT09 screw in mirrors on each side.

The euro 5 engine seems more responsive than the euro 4, as I believe the gearing/sprockets and maybe swing arm have been changed.  Front end looks identical.  The (huge) digital display is most noticable, but the Garmin Motorize is a gimmick and not a patch on a Zumo XT.  I have only just done the first oil change so will post more when I get out more on it.  I have stayed off the downshifter until run in, but the upshifter works great especially with the zippier performance and the exhaust sounds nicer too.

Overall my first impression is that it is improved (as they did with the 2nd gen FJR), feels like a bigger sport touring  bike.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 2

I forgot, the adjustable screen is too short imo and makes little difference fully up or fully down.  I am waiting for the extended screen to arrive.  I doubt if the easy to use good up/down adjustment mechanism would be transferable. 

The new joystick and menu interaction is easily and quickly understood.

The panniers are the same as the Tracer GT boxes and fit quite tidily but are a 'stick out' shape.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
3 hours ago, lpawelek said:

I've installed recently the tankpad from Givi. It's finally the tankpad with key's security mounting :).  

Is it waterproof?