Ideas for Niken accessories

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, Ferrett847 said:

On my gt which has the sw motech (Yamaha fitments) just purchased a set of adaptor studs which allow fitment of various hard cases .But the kappa luggage from Italy it's cheaper than givi even though it's the same product .

Do you have pictures of these adaptor studs? 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

Driving me nuts that I can't get my Milton tire inflator tool onto my tire valves easily. Especially on the rear. Am looking to put a set of these Puig right angle valves on when it comes time to swap tires. Should make tire pressure maintenance a lot easier. 

131F00C5-E162-4EF9-B143-9D69836335A6.jpeg

BD437054-0F7A-4DA6-A682-6296B766E058.png

2019 Niken GT

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Saw these aftermarket handguards on Facebook. Not sure who makes these. 

8DBCBF44-E9C5-46AE-983C-304EC26BAA43.jpeg

Edited by maximNikenGT
Corrected spelling

2019 Niken GT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
On 3/29/2021 at 9:10 PM, maximNikenGT said:

This is new - passenger grab handles for the Niken? Not sure how these would work since the pillion rider would need to have arms the length of an gorilla to reach these, or the passenger is somehow sitting on in front of the rider. Price is 100 Euros brand new and these are from France I believe. 

niken_grab_handle1.jpg

niken_grab_handle2.jpg

Just learned that these are needed if you race the Niken in sidecar class for races. 

2019 Niken GT

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, lpawelek said:

“I just installed the givi trekkers trk33 on my Niken. Quite easy job”. 

Can you show us the attachment points please?

There was the rack kit for MT-09 for the Trekkers (PLR2122 YAMAHA MT-09 TRACER (15-17)) which fits perfectly for  the upper attachment points. The small issue is connection with the passenger footrest. I resolved this with the connector which I made by myself. The connector is mounted to the footrest and to the rack with standard holes. I removed the quick coupler and attached directly to the standard passenger holder's holes.  I have the non GT Niken.  No bending or welding needed for the Givi rack.

IMG_0219.jpeg

IMG_0218.jpeg

IMG_0217.jpeg

IMG_0224 2.jpeg

IMG_0225 2.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Please find dimensions of my connector :) and rear image. The mounting is quite tight. Today we will check if this solution is comfortable for passenger :). Steel plate used for connector is 5 mm thick. 

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0230.JPG

Edited by lpawelek
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

The Niken GT seat is very comfortable and grippy. It's a little high for my short inseam. I'm thinking of having it re-upholstered to make it lower like the one in this video. Anyone got a lead on the seat in this video. Best view is from time 2:30 to 3:30.

Crazy French Girl

Don't know where the seat in the video came from but the seats from the GT and the standard Niken are interchangeable. When I had my Niken I went the other direction and added a GT seat to the standard bike as I was wanting more legroom. I also got the GT passenger seat and discovered any combination of Yamaha Niken seats will work between the standard and GT. An OEM front seat from the standard bike is lower and only $150, possibly cheaper than having your GT seat modified.

Edited by jetpilot5
  • Thumbsup 3

• 3 months later...