Brake flasher?

Salish900

If you mean a set-up that flashes/ pulses/ flickers the rear brake light when either brake is applied, look no further than SKENE LIGHTING.  I've had several - very highly recommended. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, Salish900 said:

Has anyone found and installed a brake flasher like Kisan makes for other bikes? They don't seem to make one for our 900's and I want one. Thanks! 

signal_dynamics_back_offxp_brake_light_m

Most people take notice to blinking lights, just ask Las Vegas or the fuzz...
FZ-09-tail-light-2_81b5d57a-8340-4f6b-a5

Yamaha Tracer 900/GT Ultra-Bright Programmable Integrated LED Tail...

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have a simple, cheap brake flight flash unit from ebay. It sits in between the rear light and the loom wiring. I wired it in with waterproof connectors that I can just clip in and out, as they are not strictly legal in the UK and it would fail the annual test.

The lights flash quickly, then pulse, then stay solidly lit IIRC. The unit was around £10 and keeps the standard lights.

EDIT: even cheaper than I recalled.

s-l400.jpg

When the brakes are applied this unit first goes into a strobe...

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

There's also the STS Smart Brake. This unit uses accelerometers to automatically activate the brake light when decelerating, in either solid, or flashing. I have one on my bike and it works brilliantly. Stupid easy to install.

• Thumbsup 1

I put a MotoDynamic replacement tail light on my 2015.  It only flashes great, and also is much brighter when running than the stock one.  I put a link below the the one I have.  If you sign up on their website, there are discount codes issued around major holidays.  

y-14fz09-c-0.jpg

Already have an LED flasher relay installed? For a limited time we...

Ride Safe!

• Premium Member

www.brakefreetech.com

My wife followed me for 2 miles on her commute.  Light traffic, three stoplights, maybe half a dozen stop signs.  She said the Brake Free helmet brake light triggered at every actual stop and she thinks every brake touch.  She said it triggered twice over bumps.  It triggered a fraction of a second after my actual brake light and does turn off sooner than my brake light.  I have the Blaster X taillight referenced by @betoney.  To my wife, the Brake Free was as bright as the Blaster X.

The first time I installed it, I noticed that the helmet weight was slightly farther back until I actually started riding.  After that I don't notice the weight.

That meets my expectations, so I'll keep using it. 

Mine was a gift, but right now they're selling for $160, I think (eventually going up to $180 regular price).

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

She said the Brake Free helmet brake light triggered at every actual stop and she thinks every brake touch.

I ordered one of these and think it will be great. Like the idea of how it is up high and more unexpected, so more visible. I'm still going to do one for my normal taillight. Really appreciate the ideas shared here! 

On 1/24/2021 at 7:42 PM, betoney said:
signal_dynamics_back_offxp_brake_light_m

Most people take notice to blinking lights, just ask Las Vegas or the fuzz...
FZ-09-tail-light-2_81b5d57a-8340-4f6b-a5

Yamaha Tracer 900/GT Ultra-Bright Programmable Integrated LED Tail...

Can't say enough good things about the Blaster-X.  Super easy installation and VERY noticeable.  Fixed the blinker issue with the TST Industries LED Flasher relay, works like a charm!

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Convair77 said:

Can't say enough good things about the Blaster-X.  Super easy installation and VERY noticeable.  Fixed the blinker issue with the TST Industries LED Flasher relay, works like a charm!

Mee too (well I bought a cheap low-load flasher relay on ebay instead). I like the Blaster-X but I also have an auxiliary LED ribbon on the back edge of my Shad top case rack, plus LED side marker strips below the saddle, 3-wire LED turn signal bulbs all around, twin LED driving lights, a Kisan HLM I developed with the owner for Yamahas with the same LED headlight controller, and reflective wheel rim tape.

Redundancy to blind into consciousness mouth-breathing, half brain-dead cagers.  Dual horns are a must too.

Convair77, please tell me you're a Convair alum too!  If so, you'd be the first I'd meet on this forum.  I worked in San Diego at the Lindbergh Field, Kearny Mesa and Plant 19 plants, and was sent up to Point Mugu for Atlas Centaur and Tomahawk launches and flight tests, and down to Ft. Worth and Edwards AFB for the Shuttle, Flying Falcon and F-111HB programs.

One thing I learned as an aerospace engineer was you can't have too many redundant systems!

GD/Convair moto, "Only Right Is Right!"

1 minute ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Mee too (well I bought a cheap low-load flasher relay on ebay instead). I like the Blaster-X but I also have an auxiliary LED ribbon on the back edge of my Shad top case rack, plus LED side marker strips and 3-wire LED turn signal bulbs all around.

Redundancy to blind into consciousness mouth-breathing, half brain-dead cagers.  Dual horns are a must too.

Convair77, please tell me you're a Convair alum too!  If so, you'd be the first I'd meet on this forum.  I worked in San Diego at the Lindbergh Field, Kearny Mesa and Plant 19 plants, and was sent up to Point Mugu for Atlas Centaur and Tomahawk launches and flight tests, and down to Ft. Worth and Edwards AFB for the Shuttle, Flying Falcon and F-111HB programs.

One thing I learned as an aerospace engineer was you can't have too many redundant systems!

GD/Convair moto, "Only Right Is Right!"

Unfortunately not an alum, just a fan of any and all things aviation.  Have a special affection for Convair and their incredible creations though!

6 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

Plug and play:

Upgrade your Yamaha OEM tail light with improved safety, style...

Assume this is the kit I need? Looks like an awesome system and I am quite interested, didn't see a GT version but assume the Tracer kit will work fine? 

Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020