Howdy from the Desert West

Warchild

Howdy from southeastern Washington state! I've been test riding the Tracer 900 GT while my FJR1300 goes through that gnarly 2-gear transmission recall.  I have owned all four FJR1300  generations, starting in 2003. And while I have a quarter million miles between them, the fully-laden 2-up bike is starting to be more of a handful since I've reached early 60's. Low-speeds/parking lot maneuvers, in particular. 

Time for something lighter and more manageable... this bike is the one. Going to sign papers tomorrow.

Loving the bike so far - let the farkling begin! ❣️

NightTracer_sm.jpg.50fdedd21f3a6d2b20c8cf985f1ff93e.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

Welcome! I went through the same thing. ST1300 just getting too heavy. Hard to say no to only 460 lbs. and that engine.

I know I've seen you on the FJ site, but did you have a Blackbird back in the day?

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome Warchild. I did the same thing with my Feejer for same reasons.

I remember reading you posts in the other forum. Next thing maybe Iggy will pop in...

Blue Lives Matter

23 minutes ago, Tango said:

Welcome Warchild. I did the same thing with my Feejer for same reasons.

I remember reading you posts in the other forum. Next thing maybe Iggy will pop in...

Howdy, Tango. Iggy still has his 2014 FJR, but he has been on a world-wide Walkabout for the past year, last I heard, he was crewing a sailboat out of central Americas somewhere.

2 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Welcome! I went through the same thing. ST1300 just getting too heavy. Hard to say no to only 460 lbs. and that engine.

I know I've seen you on the FJ site, but did you have a Blackbird back in the day?

Guilty as charged. Have been the Admin for FJRForum.com for over 15 years. And yep, had the Blackbird as well, set that World Record ride on it in 2007 that stood for over a decade, recently broken by a fellow LD Rider on a Tenere.

And also I was big-time into the ST1100 world from mid '90's to early '00's... I recognize a few names from forums past. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, Rovari said:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new ride! Lots of farkle ideas here and lots of support.

FARKLE = Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive

OMG, I have wondered for years where the hell that phrase came from. Thanks for making something up, er, explaining it! 

36 minutes ago, Warchild said:

Guilty as charged. Have been the Admin for FJRForum.com for over 15 years. And yep, had the Blackbird as well, set that World Record ride on it in 2007 that stood for over a decade, recently broken by a fellow LD Rider on a Tenere.

And also I was big-time into the ST1100 world from mid '90's to early '00's... I recognize a few names from forums past. 👍

Well we've taken similar paths through the years with bikes. I do miss my XX, just like my various previous bikes. 

I have abandoned Honda at this point, after being loyal all these years. Almost got the FJR instead of the ST1300 back in 2008. Time marches on.

• Supporting Member

...and we gain another user with tremendous amounts of knowledge and experience...wow!

Good to have you! 

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Welcome to the forum Warchild,

I didn't think your distance record could be topped.  Also, welcome to my world of aging and riding more appropriate motorcycles......for me, Goldwing 1500, ST1100, ST1300, BMW R1200GSA, current Super Tenere, Tracer 900 GT, and Tenere 700.

It is the first time that I am all Yamaha in almost fifty years of riding.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, koth442 said:

Is Pullman considered south east WA?

Technically, yes but normally anything on the East side of the Cascade Range is just referred to as "Eastern Washington".

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dale,

Just noticed your post on matriculating from FJRs ( and way back in WeStock days, ST1100s and the odd sport bike). Same here, the older I get the lighter I want my bikes to be. This one works just fine and is definitely easier on the knees. 

Welcome to this gang, and hello again from past forums and rallies.

Edited by huck
  • Thumbsup 1