Mistakes Were Made: Part 1

12 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I have never seen or even heard of this 'heat stapler'.   Looks like a mini branding-iron from an old western movie, or even an ISIS torture device (much like the original OE MT-09/ Tracer seats).

I'd never heard of this either.   Here: 

Thanks for that reply and the video - a very cunning device indeed, but $529.................... I'd expect a dozen for that!   But not to worry - if it's any good it won't be long before ALDI brings out a version for $20.99!

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Now that the pannier had opened its flower to mankind, it was time to get in there and make some improvements! What would make things better? A massive speaker to blast hippity-hop music at stop lights? A foldout hammock system for naps on long rides? Oversized peanut brittle can coiled snakes to punish thieves who try to steal my stuff? The possibilities were ENDLESS!!!

I meditated deeply on the project, and whilst traveling the astral plain, my spirit animal (a trash panda) provided the wisdom to organize the pannier, so my sweet gear could be nestled gently in portioned alcoves. The astral plain had no peanuts, or in-flight movie. Three stars at best.

aas.jpg

aar.jpg

aaw.jpg

aat.jpg

aay.jpg

aau.jpg

aai.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JDChico89 said:

I got mine here for $32 bucks. It's a bargain at half the price! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P1QGY4L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$32 is more like it, even if they are US dollars!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, JDChico89 said:

it was time to get in there and make some improvements! 

aat.jpg

Now were talking....... my curiosity is piqued.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JDChico89 said:

Now that the pannier had opened its flower to mankind, it was time to get in there and make some improvements! What would make things better? A massive speaker to blast hippity-hop music at stop lights? A foldout hammock system for naps on long rides? Oversized peanut brittle can coiled snakes to punish thieves who try to steal my stuff? The possibilities were ENDLESS!!!

I meditated deeply on the project, and whilst traveling the astral plain, my spirit animal (a trash panda) provided the wisdom to organize the pannier, so my sweet gear could be nestled gently in portioned alcoves. The astral plain had no peanuts, or in-flight movie. Three stars at best.

aau.jpg

This thread is an emotional rollercoaster; from amusement to shock to sadness (for that poor destroyed pannier) to curiosity and now I suspect it's going to end with jealousy. Cause you''ll have the best pannier of them all!!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thanks for that reply and the video - a very cunning device indeed, but $529.................... I'd expect a dozen for that!   But not to worry - if it's any good it won't be long before ALDI brings out a version for $20.99!

$529?  The amazon link I had there is $43 Canadian, which is usually pretty much on par with AUS.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1

13 hours ago, koth442 said:

Your writing style cracks up OP. If I still lived in Sac, I'd be buying you beer about now.

I literally just found out what OP means.  Who knew?  I mean besides you, @koth442.  If you ever some around, let's go for a ride!

• Thumbsup 1

MISTAKES WERE MADE Part VII

Whilst waiting for some parts to arrive for the pannier’s organization rack, I decided to make something to fit in the bottom left space. Now, my wife LOVES when I use her sewing machine, and practically BEGS me to use it for heavy-duty projects!  With that in mind, I figured I’d do her a favor and make some sweet stuff on it.  

Having been a Paramedic in an earlier life, I decided to make up a First-Aid/Trauma-Kit. I’ve needed similar kits in the past, and who knows but that someday it might even save MY life!

Complete with magnetic enclosures and a cool red pull-handle, we were on our way! 

SAFETY FIRST!!! 

(…or at least in the top five).

baa.jpg

bac.jpg

bae.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 4

Ok, that's some sweet work right there.  Love it!  Man, I'd love two of these, shaped to fill the bottom 2" of the left saddlebag.  First aid kit and toolkit.  My existing first aid kits are super janky, typically just zip-lock freezer bags stuffed with First Aidy Stuff and not at all swanky. 

I deeply dubious about our Singer's ability to handle that stuff, and my own ability to plan it out, though.  Still.   That's awesome.  What did you use to reinforce the sides?

Clearly, the line between genius and madness is very, very blurry here.

• Thumbsup 3

19 hours ago, JDChico89 said:

I literally just found out what OP means.  Who knew?  I mean besides you, @koth442.  If you ever some around, let's go for a ride!

And to make it more interesting still, OP can both mean the Original Poster and Original Post. So the person and the first post. If found that quite confusing before I finally understood. A little OT of course (Off Topic, or was it On Topic?)

• Thumbsup 2

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Ok, that's some sweet work right there.  Love it!  Man, I'd love two of these, shaped to fill the bottom 2" of the left saddlebag.  First aid kit and toolkit.  My existing first aid kits are super janky, typically just zip-lock freezer bags stuffed with First Aidy Stuff and not at all swanky. 

I deeply dubious about our Singer's ability to handle that stuff, and my own ability to plan it out, though.  Still.   That's awesome.  What did you use to reinforce the sides?

Clearly, the line between genius and madness is very, very blurry here.

Thanks @Wintersdark. I just used some plastic I repurposed from a bag. Never underestimate the value of a janky freezer bag full of gear!