You know your a motorcyclist when.....

On a nice day in early March, you would climb over a whole pile of naked women to get to your motorcycle. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/23/2021 at 12:19 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Exactly

And my wife routinely lets me know how irritating it is to her but after 40 years what can you do

That's funny. My wife accuses me of leaning into turns and accelerating through the curves in the car.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, cwjb said:

That's funny. My wife accuses me of leaning into turns and accelerating through the curves in the car.

My wife will not drive with me

everywhere we go we take separate cars if I'm not riding

which is always alone

She's terrified to get in a car with me because she says I have road rage

It's because I am so frustrated in a cage and I drive like I'm riding

In a car you go God I love to hit that asshole because you dream of being able to do that on a bike

but there's always somebody bigger on the road

which obviously doesn't go over well with she who must be obeyed

Now I will be a passenger when she drives a car but then there's the flip side of her saying I have 0 chances to keep from being a front seat driver

And she drives like an old lady and she is an old lady now

but she's always driven that way

now she says I've always acted like an old man even when I was young and so did the kids

so who do you believe

Life begins at 140 mph on two wheels...

• Thumbsup 1

Your wife has been nagging you for years to get a new riding jacket to replace your 20+ year jacket due to bug guts, road grime and so on......and you keep telling her......but darling.......the back is still clean.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

My wife will not drive with me

everywhere we go we take separate cars if I'm not riding

which is always alone

She's terrified to get in a car with me because she says I have road rage

It's because I am so frustrated in a cage and I drive like I'm riding

In a car you go God I love to hit that asshole because you dream of being able to do that on a bike

but there's always somebody bigger on the road

which obviously doesn't go over well with she who must be obeyed

Now I will be a passenger when she drives a car but then there's the flip side of her saying I have 0 chances to keep from being a front seat driver

And she drives like an old lady and she is an old lady now

but she's always driven that way

now she says I've always acted like an old man even when I was young and so did the kids

so who do you believe

Life begins at 140 mph on two wheels...

Thanks for posting this, now I know its not just only me. It recently became aware to  myself that Im driving my 2019 F150 4dr, long bed like a motorcycle. Thing handles great and gots power.

When ya get use to being able to handle traffic conditions at will on a motorcycle, its hard to stop.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:43 PM, cwjb said:

On a nice day in early March, you would climb over a whole pile of naked women to get to your motorcycle. 

That I don't know about. Maybe stop awhile, then get on the bike.

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, peteinpa said:

That I don't know about. Maybe stop awhile, then get on the bike.

I agree but you're a bit young still.  It's the climbing part that gets me.  I have trouble rolling out of bed, and climbing stairs let alone a pile of soft, squishy human females (without killing a few).  When getting your zipper down in time to pish every 20 minutes is a huge depressing deal, getting off the bike anywhere and not forgetting to put down the side stand is a major deal. After that it's not much use anymore without a lot of work.  Just ask the wife...

I bought the FJ because of it's sit up and beg ergonomics though getting on & off is my issue due to the high saddle.

You know you're a die hard motorcyclist when they finally have to uncurl your cold, lifeless fingers from the hand grips...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/24/2021 at 12:51 AM, Buggy Nate said:

You get wet balls and just accept it as normal.

Hah!  Yeah, that's a particular bit of motorcycle magic right there.  It doesn't matter how good your rain gear is, you're gonna end up with soggy junk.  You just get used to it.

On 5/23/2021 at 12:51 PM, cwjb said:

You've never had a car that was worth more than your bike. 

Hell, I've never had a car worth more than a quarter as much as my bike.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 5/24/2021 at 8:07 PM, cwjb said:

My wife doesn't  accuse me of leaning and using the racing line, but I  certainly do it.